new 747 PFT job on climbto350.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is That The Best You Can Do?

O.K., maybe I just have too much time on my hands here. But, I counted 7 postings, of someone saying "sorry to hear they didn't hire you", or "sorry they turned you down", or "you can reapply in 6 mos", or something stupid like that.

Why is it when one person's airline gets trashed by some anonymous poster, the comeback is usually something like that? Is that the equivalent of the gradeschool phrase "I know you are, but what am I?"

In second place is the good 'ol "does your mommy and daddy know you are on their computer?"

As far as Focus is concerned. I don't think too many people are sorry that they didn't get hired there, as it seems to be a real scumbag outfit and it hasn't even flown yet. I think more people are disappointed that they did get the job.

If ERAU is involved somehow, and they are with their dumb little CAPT program, than you know some poor flight student is getting ripped off. Isn't CAPT that rip-off program that charges an insane amount of money so you can get type-rated in an MD-90?

What is the big news now, that ERAU is promising students (with a lot of cash or credit) the opportunity to sit sideways in 747 for Focus? Oooh, there's a winner. Let me guess, Focus is next up and coming Tradewinds.

So a student goes to ERAU, which just by itself is a huge waste of money. Then, if that weren't enough, they get to fork over even more dough for the opportunity to get a job with a bottom-feeder. How does ERAU entice people to do this, by promising low wages, long work days, and weeks away from home? Oh, but you will be on a 747, so the fact that a lifetime of wages won't be enough to break even with the cost of training will be negated by being able to crew on a 747.

But wait, what if Focus doesen't make it? Will Focus/ERAU refund the cost of the training to the students? But, that shouldn't be an issue. Start-up airlines, especially those flying gas-guzzlers seem to have a high ratte of success.

VABB said:
O.K., maybe I just have too much time on my hands here. But, I counted 7 postings, of someone saying "sorry to hear they didn't hire you", or "sorry they turned you down", or "you can reapply in 6 mos", or something stupid like that.

Why is it when one person's airline gets trashed by some anonymous poster, the comeback is usually something like that? Is that the equivalent of the gradeschool phrase "I know you are, but what am I?"

In second place is the good 'ol "does your mommy and daddy know you are on their computer?"

As far as Focus is concerned. I don't think too many people are sorry that they didn't get hired there, as it seems to be a real scumbag outfit and it hasn't even flown yet. I think more people are disappointed that they did get the job.

If ERAU is involved somehow, and they are with their dumb little CAPT program, than you know some poor flight student is getting ripped off. Isn't CAPT that rip-off program that charges an insane amount of money so you can get type-rated in an MD-90?

What is the big news now, that ERAU is promising students (with a lot of cash or credit) the opportunity to sit sideways in 747 for Focus? Oooh, there's a winner. Let me guess, Focus is next up and coming Tradewinds.

So a student goes to ERAU, which just by itself is a huge waste of money. Then, if that weren't enough, they get to fork over even more dough for the opportunity to get a job with a bottom-feeder. How does ERAU entice people to do this, by promising low wages, long work days, and weeks away from home? Oh, but you will be on a 747, so the fact that a lifetime of wages won't be enough to break even with the cost of training will be negated by being able to crew on a 747.

But wait, what if Focus doesen't make it? Will Focus/ERAU refund the cost of the training to the students? But, that shouldn't be an issue. Start-up airlines, especially those flying gas-guzzlers seem to have a high ratte of success.

VABB,

Well said. You make the point I was trying to make all along. I feel better that some guys have the BIG PICTURE.

If it makes the wannabe 747 driver feel better that "I got turned down at the interview" so be it. I still would NEVER interview at FOCUS even if UAL went CHAP 7, and IF I DID, I would have laughed at the joker doing the interview in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express. WHAT A JOKE!

UpNDownGuy said:
Man, this is getting painful.

KeroseneSnorter- No one has to pay to work at Focus. I'll say that again...NO ONE has to pay to work at Focus. You don't need a type to get hired; they type everyone, including FO's. There is no provision for, and no possibility of, someone writing a check and getting employed. Can't happen. They pay you to come to training, not the other way around. Sonny is simply making it up...actually, that's not true. He's just flat out lying.

Sonny- How can you talk about PFT, when you ACTUALLY wrote United a check for $42,157.22? I've seen a copy of the cancelled check, sent to me by my buddy in management there, so don't bother to deny it. You paid that amount for an initial qualification as a 727 FE. You are the ultimate PFTer. You are an embarressment to the profession.

Yeah whatever. I bought my way into the Navy, and I did the same with UAL. Tell my USMC DI that way back in AOCS, I am sure he didn't get the check.

I guess I don't understand why people who claim to be flying people would come on a cargo thread to pick a fight. Your Senority at UAL is secure so why would you give a crap what other operations are doing. BTW only those of us who actually work at scum-bag operations actually get to call them that. Woops I forgot, your at United.

Sonny Crockett said:
Yeah whatever. I bought my way into the Navy, and I did the same with UAL. Tell my USMC DI that way back in AOCS, I am sure he didn't get the check.

United ha ha. And you are saying other guys are working for a scumbag outfit? You remind me of that highschool football star that just can't come to grips, and now is a "has-been". The big U is a joke.

Capt.LongThrust said:
United ha ha. And you are saying other guys are working for a scumbag outfit? You remind me of that highschool football star that just can't come to grips, and now is a "has-been". The big U is a joke.

Focus is not PFT! and UAL is NOT a joke.....

Time for you kids to go to your corner!

Latest resources

Back