• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New 737's.. Why no nose gear lights?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see they are further back, and fold down. Is there a reason for this?

?????? I don't understand. I do walk arounds on 737's all the time, brand new ones too!!! And all the nose gear lights are the same, -300,-500,-700. Not sure what you're seeing.:confused:

The lights by th main gear replace the older model lights that folded out of the flap fairings 2/3 way out on the wing. The new 73s still have nose gear lights.

Correct me if I'm wrong but colleagues who've flown the 73 have told me the old retractable lights were MX hogs and broke down a lot. Maybe not worth the small savings in drag?

I guess I never see Southwest using thier nose gear lights on their newer a/c, only the retractable ones near the middle.

At BWI during the winter of 05-06 we discovered that if you try to take off on a runway that has only been halfway plowed you can knock the retractable landing lights right off the belly of a nice new -700.

At BWI during the winter of 05-06 we discovered that if you try to take off on a runway that has only been halfway plowed you can knock the retractable landing lights right off the belly of a nice new -700.

That was really funny...nicely done!

No joke ClubORD... on a contaminated runway, the nosegear can kick up debris into the lights on the belly.

Latest resources

Back