• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capt. Dad, another thing to figure into your commute is the 7/7 schedule. Most new hires are getting onto that schedule pretty quickly - as in awarded prior to going to IOE. You can look at your schedule as far out as you want and buy advance tickets if you need to at lower costs. Some of my co-horts who have been commuting say that the airlines are pretty good about switching travel dates/tickets if you get to go directly to your home airport instead of the domicile.

What domiciles are currently being offered to New-hires. I haven't been on the Frac. board in a few months. At that time they were only offering a couple of cities

The "probably" caveat recognizes that situations can drastically change. The example given to me was if ineffective leaders were elected and/or the pilot group became apathetic and gave up the gains made in the last CBA in future negotiating sessions. My husband has reminded me in the past that you can only lead people that are willing to be led. Under that scenario he wouldn't stay at NJA.

Already politic-ing eh NJW? Which MEC spot will your husband be running for again?

Those who follow along closely here should probably be able to guess from reading my posts. His position, if elected, will include issues that my family feels strongly about, and that I have discussed with the pilots frequently...;)

No, it wasn't intended as a campaign effort. The comment was made in answer to a question I was asked. My husband said that to me (about leading people) during the contract battle. He worked hard behind the scenes and partnered with one of the negotiators on designing computer programs that they used to forecast pay. (Now that was more like politicing...:p ) The NJ pilots who read the elections section closely will know who spoke of that work. (Those 2 worked together well. It makes sense to see them run for MEC on the same slate ;) ) My husband has a very strong resume and record of work accomplished for the NJ pilots. It's been productive, non-stop projects the last 2 yrs or more. I've talked about his work, in passing, in my posts. So that is nothing new and certainly didn't just begin now that he is running for MEC. No doubt, some of you thought I was overstating the case...:rolleyes: when the opposite is the truth. Remember, though, I did say that he was very involved and that I have a front row seat.... You're not surprised, are you?

I'd be happy to campaign for him, but actually, as long as the pilots make their votes based on the records and abilities of the candidates, my husband will do fine. Now if anyone wants to talk about the pros and cons of a slate, I have very definite opinions about that...:p NJW

Latest resources

Back