• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets vs NetJets Int'l

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also when was the last time you made a trip around the world, the last time you flew into Russian airspace, the last time you went deep into China using QFE/MM, the last time you went to the middle east, the last time you worked above 80N(polar[/I]

Gosh that is all so complicated and difficult!! (tongue in cheek) Surely half our BBJ fleet is MIA somewhere on the world by now !! And yes I have been around the world once and to 46 countries abroad, and have NO desire to do it again thank you very much.

Dirty Dingus said:
Hey Grizz, Can you tell us (about) how much a TON of Int'l time is? Also when was the last time you made a trip around the world, the last time you flew into Russian airspace, the last time you went deep into China using QFE/MM, the last time you went to the middle east, the last time you worked above 80N(polar). This is not an attack, I'm just wondering if you are for real? It sounds as if you are a very experienced Int'l Capt. If so, you should be heading over to NJI, if you can hold a slot over there? I really think those guys would LOVE to work with you and your attitude.

This isn't a fight over ability. You were taught your ability and if a Dirty Dingus can fly the G willy upside down through Krablackistani airspace while filling out an engine trend form and ordering crew food then certainly Grizz can.

I would invite you to fly an Ultra... anywhere! It's not that you couldn't do it. I just don't think you could fit your head through the hole in the fuselage.

No sir, this fight is not about desire, opinion, what's percieved fair or not.

This fight isn't even about NJI pilots.

This fight is about seniority rights and scope.

Accept them or not. Your choice.

I personally think that NJI pilots should stop sniping about personal desire and opinion and do something useful like organizing an offical voice to address the issue.

P.S. I have flown tours recently with guys who have significant international experience. British Airways, Tower, TWA, DELTA, UAL, and THE G WHIZ!!!!!

Address the issue or the issue will address you.

Last edited:
FLYLOW22.....I have had the pleasure of speaking to a number of NJI guys and I was shocked by their willingness to consider the merger of the 2 pilot forces.

Many of them realize what they are dealinig with in RTS and they don' trust him as far as they can throw him. They expressed to me their concern that he will sell them out down the road.

I now believe the loud-mouths on this board speak for the minority at NJI. The atmosphere over there does not allow for their "silent majority" to rise up....for obvious reasons.

We will be merged and its not going to be THAT ugly.

To all NJA folks:

Just a word from an NJI type who wants you to know that not all of us are as chuffed with themselves as some of the alleged NJI posters are.

I happen to like my job and am well satisfied with the company. The most rewarding part of working here is the opportunity to work with truely outstanding co-workers. I have no doubt that you can make the same statement. The Gulfstream is a fine aircraft and I enjoy the mix of domestic and international flying, but I hardly view either as particularly demanding of pilot skill.

All of us at both NJA and NJI come from varied backgrounds and many on both sides have experience in aircraft a bit heavier than a Gulfstream and could justifiably view it as a light twin. All airplanes and types of flying can be demanding at times be they a 90 h.p. Cub cropduster or a 747.

I just wanted you to know that majority of us don't equate the type of aircraft we fly or where we fly it with testesterone level.

Waldom said:
I happen to like my job and am well satisfied with (NJI) the company. The most rewarding part of working here is the opportunity to work with truely outstanding co-workers. I have no doubt that you can make the same statement. The Gulfstream is a fine aircraft and I enjoy the mix of domestic and international flying, but I hardly view either as particularly demanding of pilot skill.

I just wanted you to know that majority of us don't equate the type of aircraft we fly or where we fly it with testesterone level.

Ditto . . . couldn't have said it better myself!

I fly a X. Yes they clang when I walk. :)

DO-82 driver said:
FLYLOW22.....I have had the pleasure of speaking to a number of NJI guys and I was shocked by their willingness to consider the merger of the 2 pilot forces.

Many of them realize what they are dealinig with in RTS and they don' trust him as far as they can throw him. They expressed to me their concern that he will sell them out down the road.

I now believe the loud-mouths on this board speak for the minority at NJI. The atmosphere over there does not allow for their "silent majority" to rise up....for obvious reasons.

DO is correct that there are many who would accept or even welcome a pilot list merger for two primary reasons: 1. The overtime policy in the CBA would mean 10-15 K more a year to the average line pilot. 2. The elimination of the uncertainty of their career path. "Will we merge, won't we. Will the NMB approve the petition, won't they."

That said, I can say without doubt that the majority, perhaps not a huge majority, DO NOT want to become Teamsters for a variety of reasons including personal, economic, political, and career considerations. Any employee objection to unionization varies with the individual. Management's objection is purely economic.

As I have pointed out on other threads, there will not be a "bargaining voice" created for the pilot group anytime soon no matter how many times 1108 members say "join us now or get screwed in three years." No flame, just fact.

I am certain of only one thing: The NMB will hear a single carrier petition brought by 1108 in the fall of 2008.

I am fairly confident in another thing: 1108 will lose the petition. (See Uncle Hulas)

I kinda, sorta believe one more thing: Any change in NJI's union status will occur during the next contract negotiation as part of a settlement between RTS and 1108.

You might as well grab a Snickers bar. We're going to be here for a while.

DO-82 driver said:

"The best merger is one in which both sides get equally screwed".-- Unknown USAir Captain, 2000.

The best words I ever heard and true.

This is the end I hope for in the interests of the long term.

gutshotdraw said:
That said, I can say without doubt that the majority, perhaps not a huge majority, DO NOT want to become Teamsters for a variety of reasons including personal, economic, political, and career considerations. Any employee objection to unionization varies with the individual. Management's objection is purely economic.

I am fairly confident in another thing: 1108 will lose the petition. (See Uncle Hulas)

Interesting thoughts.

As for the Teamsters thought... I agree myself. A Teamsters Local is only as good as it's leadership. We have excellent leadership in the 1108. They aren't perfect, but they are awesome non the less. We like to think of ourselves as the Local 1108... that happens to be Teamsters Local technically. In short, the Teamsters make available $$, resources and contacts in exchange for good press that we create. They don't do any work for you in general but they will give you the keys to the shed so you can get the mower.

On the Hulas thing. He is scum. He would sell his mother. The other important factor, however, is that H. Kanodias opponent was ALPA. ALPA would sell it's mother too... but settles for it's children on a daily basis.

We aren't ALPA over here at 1108. In fact, a good chunk of us here are victims of ALPA and have taken a solem oath not to repeat the many mistakes of ALPA. In ALPA, there is mainline representation and there is regional representation... if you can call it that at the regionals.

Trans States has it's work cut out for them. Virtually all of the regional airlines are now split into several labor bidding camps that are pitted against each other.

1108 is tyring to eliminate that phenomenon here by joining NJI and NJA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back