NetJets vs NetJets Int'l

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flylow,

I know full well how much better the 1108 leadership has been for your pilot group. I said to anyone who would listen when I joined this travelling minstrel show 7 years ago that the NJA pilot group would be much better off with its own local. As with all things political, the closer to home you can maintain control, the better things will be for the constituents.

With regard to Uncle Hulie, I know from firsthand experience just what kind of businessman he is and also from firsthand experience the failings of ALPA. Nevertheless, the situation with ALPA-TSA-GJ was not a negotiation, it was a court battle and the NMB said no single carrier on a multiple point basis. In my opinion, a thorough reading of the decision foreshadows a legal failure of a single carrier petition in the NJA-NJI case.

If ever there were an instance of alter-ego carriers in an effort to whipsaw pilot groups, TSA-GJ was it. And yet the petition failed. RTS cannot whipsaw the pilot groups here because he can't promise flying to one group over the other if they'll only capitulate on salary or benefit demands. The customer decides which aircraft they will buy and NJI is contractually limited to Gulfstream aircraft only. Hence, limited potential for whipsaw.

Regardless, I don't expect any definitive resolution on this issue before 2011 at the earliest. So let's make it a case of Snicker's bars.

gutshotdraw said:
If ever there were an instance of alter-ego carriers in an effort to whipsaw pilot groups, TSA-GJ was it. And yet the petition failed. RTS cannot whipsaw the pilot groups here because he can't promise flying to one group over the other if they'll only capitulate on salary or benefit demands. The customer decides which aircraft they will buy and NJI is contractually limited to Gulfstream aircraft only. Hence, limited potential for whipsaw.

My question (and no one can answer but Duane Woerthless) is how hard did ALPA really fight on this issue and how many resources were thrown at this case by ALPA. Sure, ALPA put on a great "all hands on deck" rally, they filed the lawsuit, yada, yada... Did they even care though. I bet on a national level, they didn't. The focus of ALPA is on the crusty seniors flying past 60 and preserving max pay/pensions at all costs. Period.

The pilots of 1108 don't have the same issues. We have far more bargaining power than the pilots of TSA. We are VERY motivated and disciplined towards reaching our goals.

In short, we kick ass and take names. The lawsuit is most likely but one method of making friends and influencing people that are available.

Santulli knows the rest well.

The TSA/Go issue is interesting no doubt.

What I find amusing is the GO pilots are; (you got it) Teamsters.

So its ALPA vs. Teamsters... who was the good guy/bad guy?

And do the NJA pilots welcome the GO pilots with open arms? They are Teamster "union" Brothers.

I do not, repeat DO NOT; think NJA pilots are of the same level as Regional Pilots at GO or any other slave camp labor airline. You guys have much more class than that.

It's been a challenge this summer :(

Going2Golf said:
Pretty sure that in May they interviewed 10 people and hired 2. Been out paddling lately Hog?

Been helping coach the boys baseball team (2nd place reg season) and the tournament just ended this week, so haven't even wet a paddle. Between VBC, baseball, basketball camp and boy scouts, it's hard to work in the kayak this summer.

Get down this summer and it will give me an excuse to go!

ALPA National put almost no effort into the lawsuit. Worthless told the TSA pilots to accept the piece of crap deal Hulas offered for the flying (about $2 an hour more for 70 seaters than 50 seaters and a 4 year exention of a bad contract) and the MEC suggested voting otherwise. Worthless just wanted to keep the dollars from the pilots flying those aircraft rolling into ALPA. GJ pilots weren't Teamsters until after the legal battle and they were organized by the management pilots who crossed over at the first opportunity themselves. ALPA had to present something in the mediation, but they sure didn't give it their all. We are definitely in an anti-labor environment in current times and it is hard to say what will happen if/ when it goes to the mediator, but others have won the singel carrier petition and it will be interesting to see how it all goes down. One thing I am sure of is that 1108 will have a vastly better game plan than ALPA did in the GJ/TSA petition.

Why, when I SEE, HEAR or READ ALPA, do I have a massive bowel movement ?

Talk about the absolute WORST of the WORST ! ALPA is a scummy outfit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back