Netjets (US) & Netjets Europe - Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I just read an interesting article in B&CA about Netjets Europe and their growing and now profitable operation (after several years operating in the red). It has a great fleet of airplanes (quite diverse fleet types including some not used in the US) and appears to be doing a lot of business out of Russia (where the money is).

So, do you guys in the US run into and talk to your European counterparts very often? I see the "CS" versions of your airplanes at Teterboro and HPN when I fly in there - a lot of Falcon 2000EXs and GVs. Although, I have not been able to find them on flightaware.com - not sure why...

I am sure the NJI pilots run into the NJE pilots all the time in Europe and in busy US airports like TEB and VNY. Are there pretty good relations between pilots at the two companies (NJA/NJI and NJE)? Are they pretty friendly and do you feel like you are part of "one large family" or does it seem like they are disconnected/separate? It sounds like they have a pretty good contract in place with decent pay and a pretty good schedule (article stated 7/6 for longhaul and 6/5 for shorthaul aircraft) compared to most European LCC options.

By the way, I read that NJE will be getting the Falcon 7X soon (something like 24 airplanes after many months of delays) and that it will be capable of flying nonstop from London City to the NYC area. Not bad... Now I understand why NJE is less Gulfstream-centric than NJI/NJA - those Gulfstreams can't operate out of LCY which is one of the most popular Euro airports for NJE shareowners. I'll look forward to seeing those Falcon 7Xs on the TEB ramp in the near future.

Never met a NJE pilot in my 6 years at NJA. Maybe cause I am in the U-Boat!

Do they use different FBOs at TEB, HPN, VNY, etc.? I would assume they use the same for volume fuel purchases - no?

What is their callsign? Is it "Netjets Europe" or something like that? Perhaps I have heard them when I fly into EWR (and they are inbound TEB)...

Do they use different FBOs at TEB, HPN, VNY, etc.? I would assume they use the same for volume fuel purchases - no?

What is their callsign? Is it "Netjets Europe" or something like that? Perhaps I have heard them when I fly into EWR (and they are inbound TEB)...

I don't know about their callsign, but they can and do use some of the same FBO's that we (NJA) use.

Their call sign is "fraction". You wont find them on flightaware as they use a call sign based on each individual reservation number. They are a great bunch of guys. I know all the G-IV drivers and most of the V guys and gals. They seem to be like us in the US as far as getting a better QOL and fair payscale. I think in some instances they have it a little better than us on this side. Haven't seen any of the 7X's yet. I'm sure it will be very popular over there.

No -- there are no discussions going on at all about integrating them all into one company.

I've run into a few of the NJE crews on the road (usually at HPN), and they've been very friendly. A few weeks ago, I spent about half an hour talking with one of their FOs about how some things work (ATC-wise) in the US, and vice-versa. Nice guys as far as I've seen.

Guys, remember one MAJOR thing. NJE require you to have a JAR license. Not something you get done in an afternoon. The right to live in Europe is a hurdle as well.

Just in case someone considers joining them.

According to friends over there it's a good place to be.

Last edited:
I run into those guys at TEB, HPN and frequently at London Luton. Seem nice enough and similar to those flying for the NJA/NJI operation. I had a good coversation with one chap at Luton who was bidding the Falcon 7X. He had time in the A320 and wanted to get back to "side stickin' it."

I agree that those Falcon 7Xs will be impressive airplanes. It will be interesting to see how they are used. I also agree that LCY-HPN/TEB would be popular given the wealthy financiers who fly between the two cities. There's a good Flying Magazine article on the Falcon 7X this month for those who are interested.

For the NJI pilots out there, do you ever have a hand-off situation where a NJE GV drops off passengers in Dubai, for example, and then you guys take the pax onward to Asia or Australia and vice versa? Do NJE GVs recover for your airplanes around the world too? That would seem like a reasonably efficient thing to do...

I know that NJE will be receiving a bunch of Hawker 4000s just like NJA. Anyone know if NJE or NJA is planning to fly those airplanes transatlantic as well?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back