Netjets Upgrade?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brokeflyer said:
if your hired into that fleet you're looking at longer. Figure at least 3 years for an ultra sic hired today. Cause no other captains are bidding into that plane. Lately all the upgrade bids have been going to captains from other fleets.
Is there any reason a new hire couldn't go straight into a Falcon or G200 and then upgrade into a smaller aircraft?

Tref said:
Is there any reason a new hire couldn't go straight into a Falcon or G200 and then upgrade into a smaller aircraft?

It's possible, just depends on the staffing needs when you come in for your interview. We have had lots of guys leave their comfy Falcon FO seats for the 400xp PIC because it was the only bid out and the only way to get their raise from by-pass pay.

I know of at least one guy in my class who was already recalled for DAL and is not going back. At least until things are more stable, if that ever happens. Also, upgrade times should be similar for newhires no matter what fleet they go into. I was hired into the Falcon and i am not seat locked if i wish to bid captain into another fleet.

gunfyter said:
Someone needs a refresher on the "call for fire"...

Meanwhile I'll run a SEAD mission before we get shot down.

Well, thank goodness I never needed to use it! Only had one class and it was brief during flight school.

HD

Tref said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong. New hires are seat locked into their hired equipment for two years. If they bid for captain, they may be released if the company doesn't receive an adequate number of bids for captain. However, they do not have to be released, I believe it's the company's discretion.

At the present rate, I do not see the company releasing anyone from their seat locks any time soon.

HD

Hawk Driver said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong. New hires are seat locked into their hired equipment for two years. If they bid for captain, they may be released if the company doesn't receive an adequate number of bids for captain. However, they do not have to be released, I believe it's the company's discretion.

Seat locks used to work that way under the previous CBA. Under the current contract, a first officer can not be blocked from bidding a higher-paying position. Obviously, an upgrade to PIC is also an upgrade in income. Therefore, someone could be hired into the Falcon and bid upgrade on the 400XP within 2 years. But that's a theoretical situation because upgrade will almost certainly be much longer than 2 years for someone hired today.

At NJA do they offer each a/c at each base?

skiandsurf said:
How many of the NJA pilots are furloughed from UAL, AA, DAL, and will they be going back when recalled or staying with NJA ? any ideas on numbers?

Are you serious. Is anyone actually recalling??? I am willing to bet the number would be so small that it would not be worth worrying about. We will loose far more pilots to second retirement than recall. Or even alien abduction.

Fozzy said:
Are you serious. Is anyone actually recalling??? I am willing to bet the number would be so small that it would not be worth worrying about. We will loose far more pilots to second retirement than recall. Or even alien abduction.

We have a number of ex-US Airways pilots at NetJets. I know of one who's already declined recall, I will be doing the same later this year or early next year. One of my new hire classmates was furloughed TWA/AA and he's also planning to stay at NJA. With 5 year Captains able to make $115K on reserve with average OT & Holiday pay and with Widebody Captains at the airlines making around $160K, narrow body around $125K, I just don't see many going back. Too much instability with the pay not that much higher.

AirBear

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back