• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

WAAAAHHHHWAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

OH POOR BABY!!

COME AND TAKE THIS BIG PAYING JOB FROM A USAIR CAPTAIN THAT"S ABOUT TO LOSE IT>>>>>POOR THANG!!!

You go girl!

Keep biting the hand that feeds you. Dumbass!

Hawkered said:
WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

WAAAAHHHHWAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

OH POOR BABY!!

COME AND TAKE THIS BIG PAYING JOB FROM A USAIR CAPTAIN THAT"S ABOUT TO LOSE IT>>>>>POOR THANG!!!

You go girl!

Keep biting the hand that feeds you. Dumbass!
Who was that meant for, me?

I wouldn't pay any attention to it. It's just another of flightinfo's finest, doing what they do best. Opening their mouths so their bowels can move. They really can't help it.:rolleyes:

On Your Six said:
Question for the NJA people out there - when do the Sovereigns start to arrive on the line and will that have an impact on hiring over the short run? Will newhires get a shot at the Sovereign or will most start on the Beechjet, Ultra, Excel, etc.?
I heard we may get the first one by the end of the year. What will have the biggest impact on hiring is 91k, taking effect in Feb 05, requiring more pilots since it will require a briefed rest and duty will begin after that rest period ends. Currently, you are on standby after 10 hours of rest. You could be on standby for 10 hours and then be called out and expected to fly a 14 hour day.

I'm sure new FOs will be hired into the Sovereign. I've been here over 4 years (seniority # low 700's) and will not be able to hold a captain bid in that plane for a while, so you can bet it will be well over 5 years before a FO hired in the Sovereign would be able to bid captain in that plane.

Upgrade time is at least 3-4 years. This is a min!!!! Anybody that tells you different is a liar.

As far as the IP and management type that told you different, they are liars and a$$holes.

3-4 years, but count on 6 years, and that is for the 400XP.

Fozzy said:
As far as the IP and management type that told you different, they are liars and a$$holes.

And if they REALLY Know something different, the company has been bargaining in bad faith. To wit, they've got the money !

paulsalem said:
Pilots I talk to at NJA say 6-8 months. One in managment, one an instructor pilot.

Here's the reality. I was hired 2 years ago and an upgrade isn't ANYWHERE on the horizon. I think I'm in the high 1800's in seniority. Guys in the 1400 range were PASSING on this most recent 400xp bid for the singular purpose to let it go to a couple of super-junior 400xp F/O's (hired in July as mentioned above.) That way, all the guys senior to them (like me) who are seat locked on another airplane can get "Captain's Pay" for whatever that is worth. FYI, second year "Captain's Pay" is about 40grand.

Now that this feat was accomplished, you will see those "more senior" individuals filling vacant Captain seats in the 400xp and Ultra. Why? To get PIC time and get out.

The only way you ~might~ have a chance at an upgrade in less than 2 years would be if you were awarded the 400xp or Ultra as a newhire - and that's only considering the flow of 400's continues. If you are hired onto an APU-airplane, forget it. The Ultra Captains of today will fill those positions.

Remember, when you talk to Netjets pilots, you have to ask "Are you talking about getting Captain's PAY or are you talking about getting a Captain's AWARD?"

It is a lot easier to get paid like a Captain here than it is to get a bid to actually FLY as a Captain.

And I use the term "Captain's pay" VERY loosly.

The bottom line is this is NOT a company to come to build Turbine PIC time.

Fate

FatesPawn said:
The bottom line is this is NOT a company to come to build Turbine PIC time.

Fate

And then, just because you bid captain (or were forced to "upgrade') doesn't actually mean you'll be flying as PIC. I saw two lifers flying together on the X last week.

Lord Wakefield said:
And then, just because you bid captain (or were forced to "upgrade') doesn't actually mean you'll be flying as PIC. I saw two lifers flying together on the X last week.
Yea, how does that work? In training they said it would all be SIC according to the company. But, some guys were saying that when you are flying (sole manp. of the controls) and that since you have a type, you could log it as PIC. I guess they have a point. I just don't know how that would look to another employer.

Latest resources

Back