• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know who you are! Just one more thing.....bottom line is.

Good luck dude!

TG

What he has to say about indoc is spot on....you wait for the hammer to drop and it never does...it just keeps getting better!
Good luck to you TG in the gulfstream..We had a pretty good group for indoc and its kind of a bummer that we have to go to toledo to finish. I look forward to pushing yoda in the pool next year in recurrent. ;) Thanks to everyone on here for the helpful advice for the XL training!

One last thing for you, Barrel. Check out this website. It's run by a NJ pilot and has some great XL/XLS stuff in it.

http://ce560xl.com/

Feel free to PM me if I can help any during your vacation in (not so) beautiful Toledo. Plenty of massage parlors to hit between the hotel and FS if you get a little stressed.

and a newhire won't be the pilot flying when owners are on board. So that may take a couple of months.

Why won't a newhire fly with owners?

and a newhire won't be the pilot flying when owners are on board. So that may take a couple of months.

Who cares, the pay is the same. But think about it, would you rather be the flying pilot on a 2-5 hour flight (boring, nothing to do), or the non-flying pilot (get to talk to ATC). Or would you rather be the flying pilot on a short 20 minute flight vs. be the non-flying pilot on that same short flight. I enjoy the short flights as the flying pilot, and watching the non-flying pilot bust his a$$.

The truth, is after 50 hours, you can fly pax (with the PIC approval) from the right seat.

It's an FOM policy. But it's a more relaxed policy than when I first started. As for the basis for the rule, someone else will have to chime in on that.

For the first 50 hours in a given aircraft type, an SIC can only fly empty legs. Basically, it's to give a new pilot time to get comfortable with the airplane's handling characteristics without subjecting the passengers to any rough controls, bad landings, etc., while he gets used to the plane. Seems like a reasonable policy to me.

The sad thing is I have seen some of the worst landings from the guy that has thousands of hours in the airplane.

Like it was said above, I get paid the same either way.

Good luck to you TG in the gulfstream..We had a pretty good group for indoc and its kind of a bummer that we have to go to toledo to finish. I look forward to pushing yoda in the pool next year in recurrent. ;) Thanks to everyone on here for the helpful advice for the XL training!

I know both of you dudes. Remember. Mac, Toyota, and PappaPappaWhiskey.

And don't forget to keep that monkey in line.

what is the pay for training like? also, during indoc, and type course, is the hotel paid for, and is there per diem? thanks-

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back