NetJets Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I was wandering how the training is at NetJets. How long does it take, where does it take place, and how long are you away from your home during the process? Are you paired up with a sim partner? Just curious. Thanks!

I was wandering how the training is at NetJets. How long does it take, where does it take place, and how long are you away from your home during the process?

There are three basic parts: Company indoc, sim training, and IOE. Indoc takes about two weeks, and is done in Columbus The sim training varies depending on the airplane, but in the Excel, that also took about two weeks. Location can be any of the FlightSafety locations that have your airplane in it. IOE can vary wildly depending on the tour, since a number of boxes have to be checked, and a newhire won't be the pilot flying when owners are on board. So that may take a couple of months.

Are you paired up with a sim partner?
Yep, you sure are. Generally you'll be paired up with a sim partner for aircraft training, and you'll also share the rental car that's provided. (In Indoc, it's usually 4 to a car.)

There are three basic parts: Company indoc, sim training, and IOE. Indoc takes about two weeks, and is done in Columbus The sim training varies depending on the airplane, but in the Excel, that also took about two weeks. Location can be any of the FlightSafety locations that have your airplane in it. IOE can vary wildly depending on the tour, since a number of boxes have to be checked, and a newhire won't be the pilot flying when owners are on board. So that may take a couple of months.

Yep, you sure are. Generally you'll be paired up with a sim partner for aircraft training, and you'll also share the rental car that's provided. (In Indoc, it's usually 4 to a car.)
I start flight safety in Toldedo in a few weeks for the XL. The schedule that they gave us shows only 4 days of ground school. That seems to be pretty short for a type rating. I have the limitations and memory items down pretty good. Any helpful tips to make the process uneventful. I'm still blown away from Indoc this past week. Everyone we met has been unbelievably nice. I can't wait to get online and get the ball rollin. Thanks

I know who you are! Just one more thing.....bottom line is.

Good luck dude!

TG

What he has to say about indoc is spot on....you wait for the hammer to drop and it never does...it just keeps getting better!

I start flight safety in Toldedo in a few weeks for the XL. The schedule that they gave us shows only 4 days of ground school. That seems to be pretty short for a type rating. I have the limitations and memory items down pretty good. Any helpful tips to make the process uneventful. I'm still blown away from Indoc this past week. Everyone we met has been unbelievably nice. I can't wait to get online and get the ball rollin. Thanks

Trust the flight safety instructor when they say they will get you through the systems. I never once opened the systems manual and only missed one on the final, they will tell you exactly what you need to know for the written. focus more on (memory items, limitations, call outs and SOP's) By the way the Cessna checklists are a pain in the A$$. They seem very unorganized. And than you try to integrate the SOP's which can be a challenge. The Oral should consist of the above and some very basic systems questions. (what systems use Hydraulics, engine driven fuel pump dies what will happen things like that.) Now all that being said I am in the Ultra and went through in CMH, but I would think they would be similar.

good luck and have fun
:beer:

Did my initial in Toledo in 2006. Wasn't too bad. You don't have to be able to build the plane when you are done. The oral was reasonable and the type ride was the same ride you've done everywhere else. Straight out of the PTS.

There were some good instructors and some not so good ones. Just cooperate and graduate.

Biggest problem with Toledo is the FMS is not the one we use at Netjets. So you will learn some rudimentary functions on the one in the sim, and then learn the FMZ while on IOE. Kind of a pain in the arse, but I guess that Flitesafety does a lot of other operators and the FMZ was not standard on the XL. You do get a training CD form Honeywell on the FMZ if it helps you.

Unfortunately, Toledo is considered by many at NJ the worst the sites to go. But out of my class, we only had one guy have trouble on his ride and it was due to a bonehead mistake. He ended up passing in the end.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Oh, and by the way, have fun getting used to the movable stab on XL. All I can say is trim, trim, trim.

This training event was by far the easiest event I have ever gone thru. My type ride, included an FAA observer, for both the oral and the sim. The oral was maybe 10 minutes long, and half of that time was talking about our dogs. Memory items and limitations, followed by the famous FlightSafety term, "lets take a break". Just stay away from the donuts.

Indoc runs 2 weeks. There is a short break before type training. When I went through the course on the Ultra, it was 17 days long and was the shortest type. However, I had to go an extra few days when my partner had trouble during training. After the type ride, you'll most likely have a few extra days of training at FSI conducted by an NJA instructor that will include some classroom training and a few LOFT sessions in the sim. Upon successful completion of all of that, you'll be released to the IOE program. The wait times for IOE have been reduced, though it is somewhat dependent on what fleet you are in.

Good luck to you and enjoy it all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back