Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XTW

XCA Monkey
From what I have read through these threads regarding the new NJA TA, it doesn't sound to be a good deal at all. The only thing that seems to be an improvement, is the starting FO pay. All the other sections appear to be rather concessionary.

Add to this, there are parts that current employees will be "grandfathered" in, adds to the unfairness of the TA. For all intents and purposes, this establishes a "B scale" within the group. Once new hires come on board under the new contract and begin to realize this, it can tend to be divisive among the group in future bargaining sessions, as the two groups, "A-scale" and "B-scale" tend to have different priorities as bargaining issues. Do not let the "grandfathered" rights sway your vote to "yes". Once this happens the groups will forever be divided, which plays into managements hand of "divide and conquer". It makes for an easier job for management to get what they want because of the unrest among the group instead of a collective resolve of the entire group.

PS I am not an employee of NJA,EJA, or NJI

I'd have to agree with most of what you said, except:

XTW said:
From what I have read through these threads regarding the new NJA TA, it doesn't sound to be a good deal at all. The only thing that seems to be an improvement, is the starting FO pay. All the other sections appear to be rather concessionary. [END QUOTE]

It's not tough to improve (starting F/O) pay that is now at least 25% below the industry average. Althought the TA proposes starting wages that exceed COLA since 1989, they are still below the industry average...

What happened to those "industry leading wages/contract" that both the company and union were talking about? Are they hiding out with those increased monthly fees of the past years?

Could be an interesting year end...

It's not just the money guys. It's the details. The quality of life is a STEP BACKWARDS from what we have now. The TA in it's current form is UNACCEPTABLE.

The more you read, the worse it gets!

The FO payscale will put my family $1000 above poverty level. You won't find any FO families that considerable that acceptable. To add insult to injury, the payscale stops at year 5. What happens if the FOs don't make cpt by then??Trapped in the land of the working poor! I'm not the only FO/FO wife making calls. We've seen the "writing on the wall" and it's very UGLY!

And no, pay is NOT the only problem in the TA. The QOL issues are very unfriendly to families. Having to be available to the company on your last day home at 2pm. That is not a day off! Doing part of Recurrent at home --for FREE?? On that paltry salary!!?? Sitting in the airport the morning of your first day, waiting to depart--on your own time??? That can be a 16 hour day, and you've lost some OT. Having up til 3am to get you back to your GW on your last day---and then he's got to drive home dead tired? Maybe I shouldn't have said dead. It conjures up images of falling asleep at the wheel!

And then there's the weak scope language which has the big loophole that the lawyer admitted is there. The CVR problem......and on and on and on...

Latest resources

Back