Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
squonk said:
SomeGuy:
So you're saying that management is vindictive and out to GET pilots for following FAA mandated rules? Are you saying that NJA stands behind this practice?

Just what are you saying??

No...Just saying that these guys (and it's only a handful in each fleet) should be careful when this mess gets straightened out. Nobody is out to get anybody, but there are names that stand out when they are obviously trying to hamper the operation. If you sat in the SOC for a couple of days, you would understand how easy it is to figure out what's happening.

squonk said:
Uh, maybe ten airplanes had been flying around with an unsafe condition. This pilot should be commended for being SAFE. This is what we advertise to our owners. Correct me if I'm wrong?

You are correct. And I don't want to see airplanes flying in an unsafe condition either. But do you ground airplanes that have paint missing off of 5 rivets on a wing? Is that really unsafe? How's about the 'anti-ski' tread on a ladder wearing off? Does that affect the safe operation of the aircraft? Is that really unsafe? Please educate me.

SG

SomeGuy,

You speak of respect and integrity often. Where has the respect and integrity been for the past 4 years in management. While these negotiations slowly sank to the bottom of the swamp one message was constantly heard from management every week in recurrent. From BB "No matter what, the amount of money available will not change". That was his and every other managers mantra. In other words "we do not respect what you do, Netjets doesn't want you to make this a career, and too bad if you can't take care of your families with what little we pay you, happy holidays". Three things happened at the end of all of this.

1) We discovered that there was more $ available to pay a somewhat respectable salary to pilots.

2) That as a group the NJA pilots had to force the hand of the company by all safe, legal means possible.

3) The most important of all. The company could have prevented all of this animosity 4 Years ago by being respectful to us and inking a respectful contract.

Time will tell if this place ever returns to the happy workplace that I joined over 7 years ago. I have my doubts and I hope I am wrong. Because I am never leaving.

Last edited:
ghostrider64 said:
SomeGuy,

You speak of respect and integrity often. Where has the respect and integrity been for the past 4 years in management. While these negotiations slowly sank to the bottom of the swamp one message was constantly heard from management every week in recurrent. From BB "No matter what, the amount of money available will not change". That was his and every other managers mantra. In other words "we do not respect what you do, Netjets doesn't want you to make this a career, and too bad if you can't take care of your families with what little we pay you, happy holidays". Three things happened at the end of all of this.

1) We discovered that there was more $ available to pay a somewhat respectable salary to pilots.

2) That as a group the NJA pilots had to force the hand of the company by all safe, legal means possible.

3) The most important of all. The company could have prevented all of this animosity 4 Years ago by being respectful to us and inking a respectful contract.

Time will tell if this place ever returns to the happy workplace that I joined over 7 years ago. I have my doubts and I hope I am wrong. Because I am never leaving.

Good question in regards to respect from management. 95% of us are at the mercy of that level of management. I am not in your shoes, so could never fully understand your frustrations, but I do know it does have an effect on everyone. I have been with the company almost 5 years and I am hoping you are wrong with your last statement. I remember when everyone was happy with everyone.

Just remember that an upper level management team is never permanent. Also remember that us company "moles" (most of whom are never leaving either) do respect what you do and are here to work for you on a day-to-day basis. I hope we become one team again.

SG

FLYLOW22 said:
Yeah... I always head him referred to in the vernacular of, "I need to take a Santulli." Never the above.

The NJI deal is back on. The TA is going out for a vote. Management has finalized the sacraficing of the NJI lamb.

Didn't Shamalamadingdongtulli tell you that whilst he was in SC? You didn't listen to all of those little white lies now did you??

So, you ARE going to let your anger sacrifice your character and dignity; fine.

Don't worry about what we were told; you'll hear about it when your TA is ratified. If only you knew...

zman300 said:
Don't worry about what we were told; you'll hear about it when your TA is ratified. If only you knew...

This speaks volumes. Exactly my point to the NJA guys, get over the NJI turf battle, it fruitless... They are only going to weasel out of whatever you negotiate anyway, especially if you give them 3 YEARS !!! Why in the world would you give your "bad faith negotiating" management 3 years?

Last edited:
zman300 said:
Does that mean it will T me off when I hear it?

Cause the ratification is 3 days before Turkey Day. I don't think it is very nice to T off a couple thousand pilots who have 850 flights to fly the next monday.

But that's just me....

But do you ground airplanes that have paint missing off of 5 rivets on a wing?

I don't even know how'd you write that up. But keep spinning it. That's great.

Whatever dude. It's not even a writeup and you probably don't even work for NJA.

Keep dreaming of that real job while flying your PS2.

I do enjoy how people that have no aviation experience or have their certificates on the line are all of a sudden experts in what goes on the road and flying in general.

I've seen a football thrown but i'm by no means a NFL quarterback.

zman300 said:

Don't you think it's possible a bunch of NJA people know a bunch of NJI people? None too few are close friends. Spreading rumors like a 7 year old serves no purpose. Nya nya, I know something you don't.

A merge of resources is a good thing for both sides in the long run. Do any NJI folks make 198k/yr at this point? The only people I can see upset with the deal are NJI FO's, worried that they may see a delay in upgrade due to the influx of NJA pilots. That number will be very low for the first three years, so I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. Who knows what will happen after that? That applies to every company in this business-not just NJA and NJI.

Latest resources

Back