NetJets Schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nwbusdrvr

Can anyone tell me if the 7 on 7 off schedule is available right away for a new hire or would they more than likely be on the flex schedule until they can hold the 7 on 7 off?

If the TA passes, a new hire would be on the reserve schedule until they took their type ride at FSI. At that point, they would be eligible to bid a 7&7 line. Depending on when the next quarterly bid came around, it could be as long as 4 months before they could start a 7&7 line.

I'm fairly certain that the reserve is going to go fairly senior but if it doesn't a new hire could get junior manned on to it. I don't think that's very likely though.

Don't you take your type ride before you finish training? How could you be on reserve prior to that? Is pay the reason reserve goes senior?

Last edited:
Everyone is on reserve during initial, upgrade and transition training to give the company the flexability to move your schedule around to fit the training dates.

Reserve has more work days per month - 18 versus 15.2 on the 7&7. You make more but you're working more.

The type ride is part of the training event - it's done at FSI or the training center for the assigned fleet. Type training can occur before or after indoc, depending on how the company decides to schedule your training.

The "reserve" schedule isn't quite like what you may be used to at the airlines. It's the name given to the schedule for the people who will have to be, well, "flexible" with their time. After you are off IOE, you'll likey be flying almost all of the days when you are on duty. With the "reserve" schedule, it simply means that you are on the hook for up to 18 days per month - you just don't know exactly what days are works day prior to the month in question. Even then, you might know only 4 "for sure" off days. The TA will require that people on the reserve schedule will have to call the evening before to find out if the next day is a duty, unless it's already a known day off.

There are limits, too, on the reserve schedule. Tours can only be up to 7 days long. After a 7-day tour, you'd have to have at least 4 days off. If the tour is 6 days or less, you'll have to have a minimum of 3 days off.

As Grizz said, part of the reason that new-hires are put on the reserve schedule is so that they can be put through training more quickly. After indoc and type training, there's a short company aircraft training program (classroom and at least one flight) followed by IOE. The company is apparently putting new-hires on the reserve schedule so that they can try to match up new-hires with available instructors and aircraft.

Last edited:
so when you call in the night prior do they have to give you a trip or can they just keep you hanging the next day? In your opinion, do you usually end up with "extra" days that you don't fly?

At my current job you're on call for a 15 hour period, then off the hook for 9 hrs. It's an FAA rest thing.

Maximum duty day is 14 hours at NJA.

I have not worked the current "flex" schedule, but from the guys I've talked to who do work it, they usually find themselves with a duty assignment when they call in or they find themselves with the day off. Though there have definitely been situations under the current CBA where crewmembers sat in "crew rot", there are protections against that in the new contract. Instead of trying to explain all the ins and outs, you might find more useful to read it for yourself. Follow this link: http://www.ibt1108.org/new-ta.html

The section that you'll want to read for day-to-day scheduling issues is "Hours of Service", Section 28. Section 28.6(h) concerns other duty period limitations and locations.

I am currently awaiting captain IOE and for the past week, they've allowed me to show at home to do it. I've usually gotten shut down about 5 hours or so after going on duty.

Speaking of type rides, I have a question: I'm typed in the BE-400/MU-300 already. Would I have to go though the same type training as everyone else or go through some kind of recurrent training (since I am not current in type)? This is assuming the BE-400 type is good for the Hawker 400.

TankerDriver said:
Speaking of type rides, I have a question: I'm typed in the BE-400/MU-300 already. Would I have to go though the same type training as everyone else or go through some kind of recurrent training (since I am not current in type)? This is assuming the BE-400 type is good for the Hawker 400.

Like Grizz said, you'll go through initial like everyone else. Part of the reason for that is to expose to you NJA procedures and callouts. If you are already typed in a plane that you are assigned to, it should make the type training just that much easier.

Another thought along these lines for you. If you're already typed in the 400, you might want to consider asking for a different fleet assignment at the time an employment offer is given to you. Unless you just are madly in love with the 400XP for some reason, it might be worth it to take the opportunity to get a brand-new, free type rating. Never know when an extra type might come in handy. I had a classmate in indoc who did just that - he had a CE-500 type and when he was offered the Ultra initially, he asked for something else and got the 400XP.

Latest resources

Back