• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Pilots get own local

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They have not accomplished anything?!?!? You obviously have your head buried so deep somewhere that you have no Idea what has been going on at NJA. They (SU) are making progress in leaps and bounds so far, regardless of the pending TA. What is it they say about people opening their mouth and showing their ignorance...

Publishers said:
Let's see, they replace one local for another and this is great for the entire industry? So far they have not accomplished anything.....
Someone was picking his nose while the teacher was lecturing again....

My point was to the individual who said this was "great news to everyone in the industry".
Of course it's good for the whole industry. One becuase I'm in it, and two the industry now has a union with a local ran by pilots for pilots. So whats up? Are you just posting BS to up your post count or do you accually know something about fractional flying?

Obviously we have our usual failure to communicate.... "progress in leaps and bounds..." where? I already said I thought it was a good thing to have your own union and local. That said, what have they done??

They could come up with a great contract,, but, they have not yet. That would be a boon to the fractional pilot corp when and if it happens. You guys don't even get it when I agree with you. It is just that they have not succeeded yet. No new contract and they have set you back not forward.

Lastly, I have spent 35 years in this industry, in all phases from corporate, 135, cargo, passenger 121, and fractional. This is simple business. SU needs to get a contract agreed to.

It is funny, a pilot just came into my office who flies a Falcon 200. He is a vendor for Netjets and I know the owner used to be customer on the Netjets program.

He said that the reason they left was the bosses wife did not like the fact that there were new faces up front all the time. She wanted a crew that she had rapore with and who did not change mid trip.

As a vendor on the certificate, they flew 72 hours in February. 20 out of 28 days on the road. He agreed that you guys were paid to little but said that with the schedule you want, there is no way you would ever work in a straight one aircraft corporate flight operation.

And your point was, what? That not every corporate passenger has exactly the same expectations or desires? Duuuuh...
That not every pilots thinks spending 20 of 28 days on the road is a GREAT job?
I was in the Army for 12 years and had a MUCH better quality of life than the pilot you are referring to. Thanks but no thanks.

I like the job at NetJets. I came here based on what I thought was a potential for a significant increase in salary. I still think that potential is there. We are required to negotiate our contract every 3 years. The company saves money every day that they delay negotiations. It is in Santulli's best interest to delay this for as long as possible, unless something threatens his business. Our last MEC was terrible. Even worse, they misled us about their progress until the day they were finally voted out. The new MEC has only been in office for less than 3 months. In that short time they have essentially given us our own union, where we will have the ability spend our dues on ourselves and not have to beg for every penny for basic services. They have had only one mediated negotiation session with NJA. Obviously, based on the last 3 1/2 years of negotiating, we will get nothing from Santulli unless he is threatened. Santulli has proven that. This new MEC is not afraid to use whatever leverage it takes. That is a very positive sign. I think it will take until June before we can really begin to motivate Santulli. Then we'll see how he reacts. Once the ink is dry on the new contract (whatever that may be), we'll see how much damage Santulli's delay caused the company.

Now I don't know what we will get but I do know we will get nothing unless we motivate Santulli. If that means losing some owners, then that's a choice Santulli will have to make. If some owners want to cash out their shares and go somewhere else, then that's a choice they will have to make.

Majik said:
And your point was, what? That not every corporate passenger has exactly the same expectations or desires? Duuuuh...
That not every pilots thinks spending 20 of 28 days on the road is a GREAT job?
I was in the Army for 12 years and had a MUCH better quality of life than the pilot you are referring to. Thanks but no thanks.

I like the job at NetJets. I came here based on what I thought was a potential for a significant increase in salary. I still think that potential is there. We are required to negotiate our contract every 3 years. The company saves money every day that they delay negotiations. It is in Santulli's best interest to delay this for as long as possible, unless something threatens his business. Our last MEC was terrible. Even worse, they misled us about their progress until the day they were finally voted out. The new MEC has only been in office for less than 3 months. In that short time they have essentially given us our own union, where we will have the ability spend our dues on ourselves and not have to beg for every penny for basic services. They have had only one mediated negotiation session with NJA. Obviously, based on the last 3 1/2 years of negotiating, we will get nothing from Santulli unless he is threatened. Santulli has proven that. This new MEC is not afraid to use whatever leverage it takes. That is a very positive sign. I think it will take until June before we can really begin to motivate Santulli. Then we'll see how he reacts. Once the ink is dry on the new contract (whatever that may be), we'll see how much damage Santulli's delay caused the company.

Now I don't know what we will get but I do know we will get nothing unless we motivate Santulli. If that means losing some owners, then that's a choice Santulli will have to make. If some owners want to cash out their shares and go somewhere else, then that's a choice they will have to make.

Well, judging from the above post, it is clear that at least somebody sees the big picture here. It is really nothing more than a high stakes poker game. Only when management feels that the pilot group is willing to call them, will they bargain in good faith. It truly is all about money, and thus far, time has been on their side. It is my sincere hope that the new MEC will demonstrate to the company that a motivated and upbeat workforce will help them achieve a better bottom line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back