NetJets pilot qusetion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAEflyer said:
Suck it up and throw the bags. Its really not that bad. Its really about the only physical labor we do. Just my opinion

It's the principle: If I do the work then I should get the tip.

The facts speak louder than opinion: I know of 10 pilota at NJA who have ripped the hell out of their backs "sucking it up" and throwing bags for Owners while the rampers pick their noses and sctratch their asses. No back, no medical. No medical, no paycheck. Yeah, suck it up...

It's the cargo capacity: Move up to something larger than a lear and you'll have a little more respect for your back. Try the Falcon with 1,700 lbs of cargo capacity.

Not hardly

The guy in the "mirror" does the bags.

I am an F.O. My Cpt's and I have always worked as a crew.

Most will agree it's easier to work as a team then for me to stand there and watch them load. (just kidding)

You just have to be disiplined when loading bags. Do some research on how to properly pick up stuff.

Don't end up like one of our guys that posts here alot, with you guts laying next to you on the operating table.

Oh one last thing, after a hard landing in Iraq, miserable back pain and 4 doctors. I bought an "inversion table". It's a miracle!!!!!!!!!!

Again, you have to use disipline when handling bags. Try to stay in shape (if you can working 12 hour days with 10 hour turns)

Getting old sucks....

I wasn't making any personal attacks on anyone here. Just saying we all pay our dues. But thanks FLYLOW for making an arguement out of it. Must have a lot of pent up aggression you have to get out on here while hidden in anonimity. "Move up to something bigger than lears" Great! You offering me a job?

Oh and I almost forgot. I used to haul freight in my "lil" lear jet. Personally loaded it to the max 5 times a night alone. Betcha some of that stuff weighed more than the Louis Vitton poodle bag you loaded on your falcon...Just guessing though. I could be wrong.

SAEflyer said:
I wasn't making any personal attacks on anyone here. Just saying we all pay our dues. But thanks FLYLOW for making an arguement out of it. Must have a lot of pent up aggression you have to get out on here while hidden in anonimity. "Move up to something bigger than lears" Great! You offering me a job?

No personal attacks and no offers of emplyment to be found here. Sorry you took my comments as aggressive in nature. What I was pointing out anonamously is that the baggage capacity in a Lear is much smaller than some of the aircraft that NJA operates yet the pilots are still responsible for loading it and the rampers still get the tip after it's all said and done. No more, no less. Are you ashamed of the Lear? Is that why you thought I was attaking you? I could attack you if you like. We could whip them out on the table and measure them too.

SAEflyer said:
Oh and I almost forgot. I used to haul freight in my "lil" lear jet. Personally loaded it to the max 5 times a night alone. Betcha some of that stuff weighed more than the Louis Vitton poodle bag you loaded on your falcon...Just guessing though. I could be wrong.

1,700 lbs of cargo is alot of poodle sh!t.

Guitar rocker said:
Depends on who your flying with. If your with an idot senior guy, he's gonna make you do it all and then take ANY tip for himself.

Ummm. That would happen to someone with no self esteem who fails to stand up for themself.

No not ashamed of my Lear. The 60 is about the most overpowered corporate jet that i can think of. Sorry if i took your comments out of context. I was just answering the initial question by saying, we all pay our dues if we come up through this end of the industry. Not saying i wouldnt accept a helping hand if it were offered. I personally don't have to load planes anymore, but i try to help my FO's as much as possible. I only have one complaint about the Lear...NO LEG ROOM, not an easy fit for me as i am 6'5. If they just made it a little bigger up front i'd gladly fly it my whole career.

P.S. I don't think whipping it out on a table would be proof on here, would you accept a photographed copy? Just kidding, no hard feelings and blue skies

ProFracPilot said:
Take a tip? What's that all about?

If you noticed, "ANY" is capatilized for a reason........it's meant to be in a sarcastic sense dude. I can count the number of tips I have gotten in one hand over the last 7 years for throwing bags. But unfortunately, some folks are so greedy as to hide that once a year tip from his/her FO.

Latest resources

Back