Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

two(2)%

Netjets folks:

Regarding the application: Should Your first class medical indicate issued within the last six months? Or can it read "first class" yet already lapsed.
I realize that current fist class medicals are required for candidacy, but I'm assuming that means during the interview. I'd rather not have this thing rejected for some small oversight.

Thanks

Yes, I performed a search:)

I always thought 1st class medicals reverted to 2d class after 6 months...

You can rationalize your first class status if you want, but you automatically place yourself at a disadvantage when competing against everyone else who has a current 1st class medical. Why do that just to save a few bucks? You will need to get one sooner or later.

IMPORTANT: My initial NJA application was rejected because my first class was more than six months old. Also, I wasn't told the reason for the rejection and didn't inquire until a few months later. Cost me a few hundred seniority numbers. Make sure it is current w/1st class privileges.

Medicals issued as 1st class are always 1st class, but after 6 months the privileges change to 2nd class, and 12 months to a 3rd class.

Back on the subject, a few friends had to go out and get a 1st class medical after the 6 months were up.

Does NetJets want a current 1st class at the time of the interview? That would make sence, since it has been taking most people more than 6 months after they sent in their complete app to get an interview. Your copy of your medical would revert to 2nd class as your waiting.....

Professional Paperwork

1st Class Medical - get it and keep it updated to a 1st class every six months;

ATP - get it done as soon as you have the hours;

Passport - get it, don't let it lapse;

Radio License - go thru the pain on the FCC web site and get it done;

Logbook - keep it current;

Driver's License - make sure it is accurate and current.

All these items directly relate to your livelihood as a professional pilot, especially if you are in the process of applying for a new job. Why do questions like this even come up? Folks it should be obvious.

Best of luck all,

Last edited:
265,is the lack of salt air is making you crazy???:)

Perhaps, but anybody considering ever aplying to another flying job should have an up to date logbook. I'm not planning on going anywhere from NJA, and I doubt (am hopeful) that circumstances beyond my control won't force me to. However, I still print out my times from crewops each week and enter them into my LogBook Pro at home - just in case!

Also, it would be a good idea to have your license updated to show the new, "ENGLISH PROFICIENT" qualification on the license. For more info, visit the FAA website.

Latest resources

Back