• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Intrenational

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a fellow employee (which so many of you have pounded) I think I deserve an explination as to what the 1108 wants to see happen.

Wolfpack .. you are a great guy and I counted to ten before posting this - but have you ever thought the ball might just be in y'all's court and it may just be in your best interest to get organized and be making the overtures ? Once again it is not about seats. If y'all flew DC-3s the process would be unfolding the same. (I can hear the NJI eyeballs rolling.) Believe it or not - the Gulfstreams are not a desirable airplane to a lot of us.

have you ever thought the ball might just be in y'all's court and it may just be in your best interest to get organized and be making the overtures ?

old*art,

That horse has left the barn. No way NJI F/O's would sign a card for a scenario that would cut their pay $20,000 and likely block them from ever making Captain on the G-Whiz. The stirrings among the Captains were successfully calmed two weeks ago with a judicious application of Federal Reserve Notes...just enough it seems.

The overwhelming sentiment among NJI pilots is this: A union at NJI will not happen without a court order. Ain't. Gonna. Happen. For at least another three years.

Flylow and a few others should be checking in any second now with their predictions of Teamsters victory. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow (Teamster driven, no doubt) so I'm sure not going to worry (or predict) what's going to happen in three years.

"That's just the way it is. Some things will never change."
Bruce Hornsby and the Range

Why would we as NJI pilots want to unionize. Like gutshot said, FO's would lose $, captains just got more $ and RTS and his lawyers are fighting the battle for/with us. (they don't want us to unionize). In some cases unions are needed. In our case it is to our advantage NOT to unionize. Why screw up a good thing?

"I could be wrong, but I think diversity was an old wooden ship"

I agree, NJI doesnt need a union!! Just forget the whole thing and see what happens! I will never say you guys need to have a voice other than the great Santini! Either way I could care less since the amount of pilots that this will even matter to is very small. The last thing I want to do is fly more international trips. Enjoy your g-whiz jets all you want!

TORCH67 said:
I agree, NJI doesnt need a union!! Just forget the whole thing and see what happens! I will never say you guys need to have a voice other than the great Santini! Either way I could care less since the amount of pilots that this will even matter to is very small. The last thing I want to do is fly more international trips. Enjoy your g-whiz jets all you want!

Thank You, Now that you see our way (I am sure no sarcasm was intended) I am sure we will get along better as two separate companies. Doesn’t everything go away in five years anyway? We seem to get along fine on the road everyone I have talked to has been great. The truth is probably most NJA guy’s would not like it here anyway (we don’t delay for crew food, long days, can do attitude ,yada yada)

The truth is probably most NJA guy’s would not like it here anyway (we don’t delay for crew food, long days, can do attitude ,yada yada)

The typical union vs non union argument. Lazy, fat teamsters. Riiiight.

I disagree RTRHD. We had the same mindset for the first 3 1/2 yrs I worked here. It was eroded over the last two by foot dragging and promises not kept by one boss.

They made the bed they sleep in now.

You mean the mindset to get the job done? Because thats the mindset I have.

We've all heard the stories of the Gwhiz guys calling up when the Flight Managers were based in CMH complaining about doing more than one leg. One flight manager's response was, "there is an excel doing 7 legs today."

And no that one leg wasn't a 15hour leg. It was just a HPN-PBI leg.

OldF*rt,

I respect your opinion, and I even understand where you’re coming from. But like my fellow collogues have stated; NJI pilots just aren’t in the mood to organize, no matter the reason. Now with that comes the acceptance that we take what we get to some extent. My only request is that the IBT 1108 makes some public statement or sends a letter to the NJI pilots as to what their intent is once they begin the petition process with the NMB. The Teamsters may think I have no right to voice an opinion in the process, but at a minimum I deserve to know what they plan on doing with me and my job if they win. That’s all I want to know. I’ll make my decisions after that.

Diesel,

I just finished my 1st G-V trip… It was in a G450 and I flew it 23 hours and never went further west than STL. We were busting our hump up and down the East Coast like two monkeys on a football. And two of my trips were for CE-750 (what’s that?) owners. We do more than just fly to Tahiti. And how you live in Boston I don’t know, it was like minus 100 up there last weekend. I had frozen snot on my cheeks!

Ps. I did my trip with a Captain (awesome guy) who has worked for NetJets since 1988. He was there when the company had 3 citations and 8 owners. What does the IBT plan to do with him?

Latest resources

Back