Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

milehigh6080

working again, for now.
Has anyone interviewed recently at NetJets with a professionally printed and bound print-out from a computer logbook?

I'm planning on printing out my entire logbook as well as the scans of all my original endorsements, part 135 letters, performance reviews, etc and having them professionally bound into a booklet to present as my logbook. Has anyone else done it this way, and if so, how was it received. My interview is coming up in the next few weeks, so I appreciate your help.

I am a few months behind on my paper logbook because I finished one and haven't felt the need to buy a new book yet because I'm so sold on the computer logbook thing.

Thanks

-MH

logs....

They will probably be IMPRESSED ! I showed up with 3 logbooks and they never even opened them. Be ready to explain why you did your logs they way you did as they will probably ask. Break a leg......:)

I did exactly what you are proposing and they hired me. Actually they complemented me on the setup as it was very easy for them to find the numbers they were looking for. I would be sure that your computer logbook is totally up to date however. If it makes you feel any better I havent used a paper logbook in 5 years. Good luck!

Same here. .Brought the good old fashioned logbooks and the computer printout from logbook pro.. They laughed at the logbooks and were quite happy with the printout.. They took about 45 seconds out of the interview to thumb through the printout..

Sounds good, I definately plan on bringing the 'ol paper logbook with me, but I don't plan on offering it unless they ask for it. Thanks.

-MH

I haven't kept a paper logbook since 1997. I have interviewed 4 times with my homemade excel logbook. I have always gotten compliments, one interviewer asked for a copy of the program. I wouldn't sweat it, good luck.

They wanted to see my logs with the endorsements. Paper for me. What a waste of trees!

At this point, why are they really bothering to check on the endorsements in the back of someone's logbook anyway? I mean, are they really worried that after you've gone though about 10 checkrides just for certficates and ratings alone that possibly someone forgot to sign you off for solo xc's? It's their party so they can do whatever they want, it just seems a little nitpicky to me. . . like they couldn't think of anything else to look at in the logbook so hey, why not the endorsements?

Latest resources

Back