NetJets Interview Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

captgimp

I need clarification on climb gradients. Is there a difference between IFR and VFR requirements? I've heard different percentages of climb gradients required for VFR and IFR. If so, what are they or where can I look this up? thanks for the help

You really don't know this??? I honestly find that unbelieveable..... And you say you have 5700 hours. This is basic instrument flying knowledge.

As a note, not all graidents are the same.... Sometimes you have to read the chart....

Last edited:
I have to stand up for the Gimp - when I was studying all the old IFR stuff I hadn't even thought of for four years I couldn't remember the angle for a teardrop entry, what a second segment climb was, let alone climb gradients. Give this guy a break and cheer him on for trying to get all this stuff back in his head! We don't know his story and should be a little less trigger haooy to pounce upon someone with a legit question.

Heck - at least he didn't post "Who the best Frac and why?" or "Does CS have a union and if not why?"

No flame bait here please......

Good luck in the job search Gimp!

Baja.

Baja,
Not buying it.... Basic, basic, basic............. It would take 2mins in the AIM to find this info. I don't know the angle for holding patterns either, but I can look at one and make it work for me. This is a little deeper then that. Holding patterns wont do anything, but make you look stupid. Gradients on the other hand, well that is a little more serious....

You cheer him on if you want. I'm baffeled as to why he can't remember instrument flying 101..

RNObased said:
You really don't know this??? I honestly find that unbelieveable..... And you say you have 5700 hours. This is basic instrument flying knowledge.

As a note, not all graidents are the same.... Sometimes you have to read the chart....
This is a worthy discussion. VFR, the terps give us 1.6% protection, IFR, 3.3%. What type of aircraft are you flying that wouldn't give you at least these values in most circumstances? Of course high/hot/heavy are the exceptions, but most of us have been flying equipment that either had us looking at chart restrictions in these circumstances or not at all. In effect, we swagged it knowing our equipment, just like you swagged it in regards to entry angles of a hold.

RNObased said:

Guess you were never an airline pilot.

been-there said:
Guess you were never an airline pilot.

Nope never been one. But I guess if I had, then I would have an excuse for not knowing this basic stuff that I knew when I got my intrument rating.

RNObased said:
Baja,

You cheer him on if you want. I'm baffeled as to why he can't remember instrument flying 101..

Durn! And I can't find my instrument 101 text either...
Is 1.6/3.3 gross or net? And how much obstacle clearance does 1.6/3.3 assure? What's required for part 25 certification? What is balanced field length and why does God talk to George Bush and not Angelina Jolie?

Hey Captgimp, who did you fly the AVRO for, the queen or XJ?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back