NetJets Internationl vs US.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Question for the NetJets guys out there. As a regional guy who is interested in possibly switching to fractional, can you tell me the difference in the hiring process and selection between the U.S. side and Gulfstream side of Net jets.

Are most Fractional pilots happy with their companies? I know, I know pilots are professional b!tchers, but in general are people happy with quality of life and $$.

I know my times are not competitive right now, but what would be good times?

Are you allowed to live anywhere?

Thanks in advance............:D

I don't work for a fractional, but I can answer the question about if you can live anywhere.

For Netjets, there are certain gateways around the country that the company will positive seat you on the airlines. You don't have to live in these cities, but you have to get there to catch your flight to whereever you a/c is. There is probably 20 or 30 gateways around the country.

For Flexjet, the company prefers that you live in one of these 3 domiciles: DFW, LGA, or FLL. It is not required, but I believe it is preferred.

Not exactly sure about Flight Options, but I think you can live anywhere there are airlines operating.

I would go to NJI vs NJA. That hard part is getting hired at NJI. My old CP has been trying to get hired there ofr a few years now. I think they like guys with Gulfstream time. I believe as far as NJI goes you can fly out of anywhere. I have an old boss that works at NJI. This person airlines out of our local airport which isn't one of the gateway for NJA.

I think most guys at the frac's are happy. You have to remember some of them are just happy to have job.

Good Luck

Thanks for the info fellas, I do appreciate it.

The biggest difference between the two companies and a sore spot for the NJA guys is the pilot compensation differences. The NJI guys get paid much better than their NJA "brothers," unless you're in the BBJ at NJA.

Latest resources

Back