• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Hiring News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our company is sooooo retarded. Its a game to them. Were hiring, were not hiring, were hiring, were not hiring. I swear they do it just to piss people off.

I guarantee we will hire this year no matter what they say. Were getting more airplanes, were losing people this year and as soon as some airlines start up again we will lose at least a couple hundred this year.

If you have your app in and have done so for a while start studying your guouge and saving your pennies.

Dreaming?

Live, you are dreaming, read our IBT board, all the big guys say it isnt going to happen. Where specificaly are you getting this idea except by rumor and inuendo??????????
That is exactly why I believe it is true. "All the big guys" are saying a merger isn't going to happen. Don't be surprised when Options (soon to be Travel Air) becomes a part of NetJets. It may not be part of NJA, but I bet it will be part of NetJets. Why else would RTS be seen at the Flight Options HQ recently? Never say Never, anything is possible.

That is exactly why I believe it is true. "All the big guys" are saying a merger isn't going to happen. Don't be surprised when Options (soon to be Travel Air) becomes a part of NetJets.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Live,
You could be half right on this one. Yes I agree, if the upper level says "no way", it is still a possible. We will be the last to know.

But you tell me how they can be NetJets and not be NJA. Scope protects us from that, period.
Tom G. has written volumes on this subject on the IBT board. So enough of the sky is falling crap with RTS starting a spin off. That is fight that he would regret starting. And a fight he would lose.

Last edited:
I never said the "Sky is falling" nor do I think that.

There are some loopholes in the Recognition section (scope) that I am sure RTS knows exactly how to exploit. For example, if you read section 1.4 (7), the very last sentence explains how it can be done with very little imagination. American Air Services (EJM) can operate aircraft "on a diminimus basis" that are actively offered for sale in the open market. As long as the intent is NOT to reduce jobs, or slow expansion, but to assist the company in extrememly busy situations.

Before you tell me how overstaffed NJA is, and how slow things may or may not be, consider this:

NeJets buys Options from RTA for half of what it is worth. RTS comes to the Union and says, "I have a plan to expand NJA, but I need your assistance." Union says "OK", and that is all that is needed. Or.....Options planes fall under EJM until they are sold and fly trips for NetJets in the newly created "extremely busy situation" from the acquisition of Options owners.

In the mean time, deliveries of New Hawker 400XPs arrive, and the Options Beechjet 400s and Hawker 800XPs are picked over for core aircraft. As the contracts expire in the next year or two, they are renewed under NetJets, and the rest of the planes are eventually sold. The pilots then become NJA pilots as classes permit. It will be a transition period for many, but eventually it will work out.

In this case, or a variation of it, recognition (scope) was not violated. The intent was not to reduce jobs or slow expansion, but quite the opposite. And I am sure the MEC could come to some sort of an agreement on the above scenario.

If RTS tried to form another NJI, then I would expect the Union to shut this operation down and fight it with everything there is! That would be a definate violation of the CBA.

The "Sky is not falling", and NEVER say NEVER!

Last edited:
Alright. You are correct, never say never. I guess I was looking worst case scenerio.
I really have nothing to say, because I agree with everything you just said.

next topic......COO resigns!

COO Resigns,or no longer needed? That's one less "Big Guy" saying things aren't what they may or may not be. Sounds like the new guy is shaking the place up a little. Too bad he can't make scheduling resign.

Live4flyng said:
American Air Services (EJM) can operate aircraft "on a diminimus basis" that are actively offered for sale in the open market. As long as the intent is NOT to reduce jobs, or slow expansion, but to assist the company in extrememly busy situations.

...Options planes fall under EJM until they are sold and fly trips for NetJets in the newly created "extremely busy situation" from the acquisition of Options owners.

In the mean time, deliveries of New Hawker 400XPs arrive, and the Options Beechjet 400s and Hawker 800XPs are picked over for core aircraft.

A few problems you did not include. Core fleet aircraft are less than half a dozen of each type. Not an entire fleet of 40+Hawkers and 40 more MitsuBeech Jets. The core fleet concept is what RTS created NetJets from.

There is also a part of the scope clause that limits EJM to 10 (owned) aircraft to operate in the support role of NetJets. They just sold there 10 aircraft last year resulting in the layoff of the 40 float pilots. The most EJM could get from an alleged Options buyout would be 10 aircraft.

A Big Point that not too many folks talk about; is keeping Current customers on after their 5 year Contracts!

The Pilot Group needs to take care of its current Customers (Owners) in every way possible! They are only on 5 year contracts >> Its important to make these folks as happy as possible with the service! That way they will renew the contracts!

The Union doesn't pay the salaries; The company Doesn't pay the salaries >> The Owners/Consumers do! That is where the Loyalty must stay regardless of contract or Company Issues!

Without Them There will be no PAYCHECKS!

NJA hiring

According to the "powers that be" this week - reading between the lines - any hiring this year will depend on the economy and sales. They really have no hard numbers. It all appears to be very fluid right now. Positive news is around 10 400xp deliveries expected this summer and maybe one Sovereign with Marquis sales doing well. 91k could also drive some hiring, but that is up in the air. Down side is the Hawker 1000 being phased out as well as some older Ultras. Throw in another terrorist attack domestically and who knows. Noone is expecting a repeat of 1999 - 2001 but they still throw numbers around expecting an eventual pilot force of 5000. With the Viet Nam retirements just starting I think there is plenty of room for optimism in the next few years.

Latest resources

Back