• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets/Gulfstream Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last question...what is the expectation for a pilot on the 18 day schedule...ie 4 on, 3 off? or approximately that.

You can submit preferences for shorter or longer tours. Since shorter tours mean more airline expenses, they probably won't be very short. 4-on/3-off is very unlikely because it wouldn't be productive. (Half the days would be spent getting you to and from the plane!) For example, the schedule I got for February (with a preference submitted for "shorter tours") has a 7-day tour, a 6-day, and a 5-day.

Most are bidding the 18-day for the extra money. If shorter tours are your goal, the 15-day is probably the best bet if you can stand not knowing when you're working, because the max tour is 5 days.

I really like the 7/7; I'm only doing the 18 for a bid to get some extra cash. I'll probably go back to the 7/7 or try the 15-day next bid.

Also, the 15 day flex...that is basically a reserve schedule..correct? Do you have days off that they cannot move or do you have NO ability to plan your schedule?
No ability to plan whatsoever, aside from burning Paid Time Off days (same bank as your sick time). It pays a 10% premium for basically the same number of workdays as the 7/7. The premium is paid specifically because it's totally flexible for the company. The only rules are that a tour can't be longer than 5 days, and after they send you out, you get 3 days off minimum.

If you want to be able to request specific days off, you'd have to go with the 18-day.

Please tell me your post was a joke... you have got to be SH&%^& me... I posted a freaking crew food menu..... there is nothing proprietary about that....

Did you freak out when someone posted the new payscales on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted the typical duty days on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted their interview experience on this board..

Get over yourself

So I guess as a new hire you get to pick and choose what is and is not proprietary. My point is it was a direct Copy and paste from the company. Not a paraphrase. But, I really don't care if you publish the entire FOM. It was more a suggestion about copying info directly from NJA docs.
Take it or leave it.

Cutting and Pasting NJA proprietary information to this board is a BAD idea.
It would suffice to say we eat well on the road.

And for gods sake, dont give out the company address. We dont need any more applications.

FWIW....the food isnt all that good. L6C, PBandJ on white is about the best thing on the menu.

And for gods sake, dont give out the company address. We dont need any more applications.

FWIW....the food isnt all that good. L6C, PBandJ on white is about the best thing on the menu.

Don't listen to this guy. The food is fine. Thanks to our hard working union we have regional menus. Not to mention $40 bucks a day tax free. Some of our pilots do nothing but complain. You could pay some of these guys 1 million a year and they WOULD still bitch!

Don't listen to this guy. The food is fine. Thanks to our hard working union we have regional menus. Not to mention $40 bucks a day tax free. Some of our pilots do nothing but complain. You could pay some of these guys 1 million a year and they WOULD still bitch!

I was trying to make this guy feel better about his job, without bragging how good we have it.

Please tell me your post was a joke... you have got to be SH&%^& me... I posted a freaking crew food menu..... there is nothing proprietary about that....

Did you freak out when someone posted the new payscales on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted the typical duty days on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted their interview experience on this board..

Get over yourself

Forget about pay, duty limits, etc! Your talking about food now!!!

Latest resources

Back