Netjets/Gulfstream Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL990

I just had a few questions about Netjets/Gulfstream. I am a regional captain contemplating where I want to go and one of the big factors that has kept me from going to the fractionals is the 7 on 7 off sched. I didn't want to be stuck a week on the road for the remainder of my career. Now that netjets have this new flex sched, I am interested...sooo

my questions are this....how difficult is it to get those flex schedules? What is upgrade time right now? Also, what is the story with the gulfstream side of the company...is it difficult to get on there..what do they fly...etc?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I just had a few questions about Netjets/Gulfstream. I am a regional captain contemplating where I want to go and one of the big factors that has kept me from going to the fractionals is the 7 on 7 off sched. I didn't want to be stuck a week on the road for the remainder of my career. Now that netjets have this new flex sched, I am interested...sooo

my questions are this....how difficult is it to get those flex schedules? What is upgrade time right now? Also, what is the story with the gulfstream side of the company...is it difficult to get on there..what do they fly...etc?

Thanks in advance for the info.
i would guess 4-5 years to Gulfstream sic and 15 years to pic for someone hired today.

Gulfstream 200's are operated by NetJets. Gulfstream IV and V's are operated by NetJets International. These are two seperate pilot groups.

It's my understanding with the new contract, you will have to put in some time with NetJets before making the move to NJI.

Right now all NJI fos have to come from the NJA sr list.. i believe you need min two years of service to bid to nji.... the sr list will be merged in the future... we have a virtual sr list right now probably around 2010.

I too was a regional captain and I am on the 7&7 sched.. It is great... This sched beats the hell out of the 4 on 3 off or even the 3 on 4 off sched of the airlines.. the flying is more interesting, the job much more dynamic and the pay and bennies even topping most traditional majors. I have a wife and about to have our first child in a few days... the 7&7 is not an issue... remember 7 off is nice..

The biggest thing I noticed so far about this job and being on the road for 7 days is the places you stay and the way you are treated, makes the road a very pleasent experience... I will explain: At the regional we stayed in Flea bag roach motels and were eating out of trash cans for 3 or 4 days at a time... Here at NJ we stay at 4 and 5 star hotels and resorts......Catered Crew meals.. and I am not talking about a hockey puck sandwich in a box... I am talking about better food than I get when I am home.. Here are some of our choices for 3 meals per day :
Caterer to supply Main entrée (listed below), 2 sides and an Orange Juice (unless milk is specified)​
B1 Fresh Egg, Cheese & Sausage Burrito
B2 Ham & Cheese Omelet
B3 Healthy Cereal with 1 pt Milk (2%, Skim, Soy)
B4 Granola Berry Parfait
B5 Oatmeal with 1 pt Milk (2%, Skim, Soy)
B6 Egg Beaters Omelet with veggies
B7 Egg, Breakfast Meat and Cheese Sandwich
B8a Regional Breakfast – Hot or Cold
B8b Regional Breakfast – Hot or Cold​
Lunch​
Caterer to supply Main entrée (listed below) plus 3 sides including dessert​
L1 Cobb Salad with Chicken on the Side (Dressing Choices Balsamic Vin, Ranch, Blue Cheese)
L2 Caesar Salad with Chicken on the Side (Dressing Choices Balsamic Vin, Ranch, Blue Cheese)
L3 Lo Carb Wrap
L4 Tuna Salad Sandwich (Bread Choices Wheat, Multigrain, Rye)
L5 Turkey Club Sandwich (Bread Choices Wheat, Multigrain, Rye)
L6 PB&J Sandwich (Bread Choices Wheat, Multigrain, White)
L7 Greek Salad
L8a Regional Lunch - Beef
L8b Regional Lunch - Chicken or Turkey
L8c Regional Lunch - Pork
L8d Regional Lunch - Fish
L8e Regional Lunch - Vegetarian
L8f Regional Lunch - American / Comfort Food​
Dinner​
Standards – Caterer to supply Main entrée (listed below) plus 3 sides (including dessert), and roll/butter​
D1 Salmon Filet
D2 Grilled Chicken Strips (Dressing Choices to include BBQ, Honey Mustard, Ranch)
D3 Beef Lasagna
D4 Vegetarian Pasta (Sauce choices to include Cream Sauce or Marinara sauce)
D5 Stir Fry (with Chicken on the side)
D6 Sliced Beef
D7 Glazed Pork Loin
D8a Regional Dinner - Beef
D8b Regional Dinner - Chicken or Turkey
D8c Regional Dinner - Pork
D8d Regional Dinner - Fish
D8e Regional Dinner - Vegetarian​
D8f Regional Dinner - American / Comfort Food

As far as the flex sched... It depends on what airplane fleet you are on... Everyone on the XL I am pretty sure got what they wanted for sched on the Feb Bid..

Not to mention you and your fam can non rev on empty legs, you are automaticly HIlton diamond status, and you are treated like a real person by the company and by the hotels and services you get on the road...

In my own humble opinion, there is no airline in the USA today that can even come close to comparing to anything this place currently offers its employees... take it for what its worth

Cutting and Pasting NJA proprietary information to this board is a BAD idea.
It would suffice to say we eat well on the road.

Thanks for the info Av8tor,

I really do appreciate it. I guess I am apposed to the 7 days gone because I have done it before and didn't like it. I flew corporate/charter for several years before coming to the regionals and just didn't like being gone for a week. Anyhow, though I have never eaten a hocky puck out of a trash can (lol...nice analogy though), I know what you mean about the treatment at the regionals...it sucks.

So back to the bids for feb...are you saying that the people that bid the flex got the flex and the people that bid the 7 and 7 got it...also, do you bid on a monthly basis in terms of flex or 7and7 or are you stuck with either/or for a set period of time?

Yeah....that's a pretty big secret you just let out of the bag there......now we know what you eat when on the road.....I'm going to go have some toast now (oops, proprietary info again, sorry)

So back to the bids for feb...are you saying that the people that bid the flex got the flex and the people that bid the 7 and 7 got it...

Yes, basically. A very few people (mainly in small fleets) got junior-assigned the 15-day flex schedule, but all the rest who wanted the 7/7 were able to get it. The 18-day is purely voluntary -- it cannot be junior-assigned to a regular line pilot.

also, do you bid on a monthly basis in terms of flex or 7and7 or are you stuck with either/or for a set period of time?
We bid 3 times a year, in 4-month cycles. For those who are on the 18-day schedule, you'll submit a bid preference for each month you're on that schedule.

Cutting and Pasting NJA proprietary information to this board is a BAD idea.
It would suffice to say we eat well on the road.

Please tell me your post was a joke... you have got to be SH&%^& me... I posted a freaking crew food menu..... there is nothing proprietary about that....

Did you freak out when someone posted the new payscales on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted the typical duty days on this board?

Did you freak out when someone posted their interview experience on this board..

Get over yourself

Yes, basically. A very few people (mainly in small fleets) got junior-assigned the 15-day flex schedule, but all the rest who wanted the 7/7 were able to get it. The 18-day is purely voluntary -- it cannot be junior-assigned to a regular line pilot.

We bid 3 times a year, in 4-month cycles. For those who are on the 18-day schedule, you'll submit a bid preference for each month you're on that schedule.

Last question...what is the expectation for a pilot on the 18 day schedule...ie 4 on, 3 off? or approximately that. Also, the 15 day flex...that is basically a reserve schedule..correct? Do you have days off that they cannot move or do you have NO ability to plan your schedule?

Thanks again guys, this is a great forum and I appreciate all the info...it is very very helpful!

Latest resources

Back