Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NETJETS G-200 GUYS.....little help here...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigBlock

I believe that you all are the biggest operator of the G. That said, I am wondering if I could get a little info on your checklists/procedures. Our company was an all falcon fleet. Just recently, we added two G-200's and have no real experience to back them up. Here are just a couple of questions that I have.

-Do you use the FSI checklist, or your own?

-What is your min. climb grad (2.4, or something higher that is written into your ops specs?

-Do you regularly operate in the mountains, and how well is that accomplished in the g-200.

-Do you use runway analysis charts (apu/apg???)

-What are some very common eicas messages that you are seeing....we are getting some that pop up just about every flight (kreuger fail/ flaps fail, ect...) and having consistent gear issues(taking a long time, or just not, retracting).

Really appreciate the info and experience....not flaming, just used to operating a three-holer and really being concerned about climb gradient, or an FSI checklist that looks like someone tossed it into a blender.

Thanks in advance................cheers

BB

I believe that you all are the biggest operator of the G. That said, I am wondering if I could get a little info on your checklists/procedures. Our company was an all falcon fleet. Just recently, we added two G-200's and have no real experience to back them up. Here are just a couple of questions that I have.

-Do you use the FSI checklist, or your own?

-What is your min. climb grad (2.4, or something higher that is written into your ops specs?

-Do you regularly operate in the mountains, and how well is that accomplished in the g-200.

-Do you use runway analysis charts (apu/apg???)

-What are some very common eicas messages that you are seeing....we are getting some that pop up just about every flight (kreuger fail/ flaps fail, ect...) and having consistent gear issues(taking a long time, or just not, retracting).

Really appreciate the info and experience....not flaming, just used to operating a three-holer and really being concerned about climb gradient, or an FSI checklist that looks like someone tossed it into a blender.

Thanks in advance................cheers

BB

Slightly off topic, but given your previous Falcon 50 experience and now your initial experience in the G200, what are the plusses and minuses you have seen in the G200 vs. the FA50? Any initial impressions?

Also, are there many used G200s on the market?

the g-200 has:

-better range (from the flatlands, anyway)
-much more spacious and comfortable cockpit and cabin
-a better thrust to weight ratio(2.94 compared to 3.7)
-better avionics and automation (than a straight 50)
-baggage comp is awesome on the g!
-trailing link gear makes it hard for a slouch like me to pound one on

Other than that, I 'm a die hard falcon lover. I have most recently been flying an ex, which is hard to beat perfomance wise. My last leg in the ex, I did fl410 in 12 min. at 33K and isa. That won't happen in the g-200. As far as used g-200's, I don't know of any.....then again I really haven't been looking.

Keep in mind that I've only got about 25 hrs in the g-200, so my comments should be taken with a grain of "inexperience" salt. Hope this all helps...maybe someone w/ a few more cycles could chime in here!

BB

Not to mention the fact that the G200 type rating is about the easiest type rating you could ever get...

All DC systems

There are 7 fuel tanks holding 15,000 pounds of fuel and the only thing you need to know is.... it works off of gravity!

The de-ice system works like this.... when the EICAS message tells you you're in ice... turn it on!

Hydraulics... if you lose the right system, keep going. If you lose the left system, keep going. If you lose both systems, keep going. If you lose both systems AND the aux pump, when you land, the airplane will keep going!

Pretty simple if you ask me!:D

Can I use those answers in my oral?

Not to mention the fact that the G200 type rating is about the easiest type rating you could ever get...

All DC systems

There are 7 fuel tanks holding 15,000 pounds of fuel and the only thing you need to know is.... it works off of gravity!

The de-ice system works like this.... when the EICAS message tells you you're in ice... turn it on!

Hydraulics... if you lose the right system, keep going. If you lose the left system, keep going. If you lose both systems, keep going. If you lose both systems AND the aux pump, when you land, the airplane will keep going!

Pretty simple if you ask me!:D

Hey, I just spent 20 minutes sending you all of the study guides so you have NO excuse why you can't pass the oral 5 weeks from now!!!!:laugh:

Latest resources

Back