• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets for retirees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sadly, FracCapt... we have more than a few that think like that. Interesting to note that they're usually pension holders. I hope they'll keep the faith with those of us who were not lucky enough to ride the legacy carrier wave as it washed up on the beach.

sweptwingz said:
Sadly, FracCapt... we have more than a few that think like that. Interesting to note that they're usually pension holders. I hope they'll keep the faith with those of us who were not lucky enough to ride the legacy carrier wave as it washed up on the beach.

This sort of mirrors the contract pilots who have obtained a type rating in a biz jet and then under cut the long time contractors just so they can get theit kicks flying a new aircraft. Had an airline pilot done something akin to this during their years in ALPA, the tires on their car would be flat when they returned to the parking lot.

Know a guy who is in NetJets initial. Former UAL/Air Force (F16) type. He will set all of you NetJet guys straight when he comes to the line. He is clueless regarding this new job other than he thinks he is the best pilot who has ever gotten his hands on the controls, and he is happy to tell you all about himself. hate to see this type of personality come to the fracs as it fouls the deck for all the other really good guys out there.

Spooky, I've met my share of great pilots from all types of backgrounds here. We also have idiots from every type of flying background as well. I really don't care if they flew a Piper Cub or an SR-71 Blackbird, as long as they understand that a quality contract helps all of us in the goof-ball industry. In this time of industry wide shrinking salaries, it is vitally important to ALL pilots for us to attempt to push the pay "bar" back upwards. I just hope that we can educate most of the newbies coming on line here. We're going to need REAL solidarity to pull off a quality contract.

i had a new-hire f/o in the falcon aboug 5yrs ago, he was retired from 30yrs at twa. nice guy, but he didn't have a clue about how to check wx, file a flight plan, do w&b by hand, fuel the plane, pull the chocks, close the door, etc, etc,etc. he lasted about 90 days on the road.

I've found this place falls into two categories for 60+ guys.

1. A couple of divorces. Don't want to quite give up the flying because they can't afford it. Think that they still are as quick as they were 30 years ago. Realize that this isn't a 747, 777 and loading bags, cleaning plane, hauling trash and quit in about 60 days or miserable for the 2 year contact. Basically useless on the road.

2. Retired before their time. Take a great enjoyment learning a whole new type of flying. A friggin ball on the road to be with. Doesn't take anything seriously and shows you that flying isn't what life is all about. (i've learned a lot from these guys) Oh and couldn't give a flying F what the company does to them. Steady and safe win the race.

So who are you going to be?

Diesel Hit it right on the head!

Diesel,

So true, I can't add anything to it really. Had a guy at Flexjet that was divorced 4 times, all flight attendants. Couldn't wait to get into the FBO to tell them he flew for American Airlines. What a dope.

Another guy that flew for American for 3 decades plus, married to the same woman and was a blast to fly with.

It's a roll of the dice for sure!

"Numb nuts" couldn't give a crap about anyone but himself and feeding his ego. Stuck you doing the bags and covering the airplane a majority of the time. Did I mention he couldn't fly worth a sh*t either?

"Cool Breeze" was a wealth of information, a great mentor, always helped, and was a joy to fly with.

Hey Flex guys, how is Chuck Yeagers other brother doing?

How about "Wick"?

I hope you are all well, Glad to hear the 300 is such a "cool ride".

The only reasons to come to NJA if you are retired:

1. you are flat broke
2. you hate your spouse, cant get divorced but must get away
3. you are a masochist
4. you want to cleans yourself of your love for flying
5. you have multiple alimony payments(relates to number 1)

Its no way to spend 7 days at a time.

Latest resources

Back