• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets Falcon 2000s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm expecting the G-650 to do my taxes, order my pizza for the layover, you know.

This stuff will make you REALLY lazy. I think I'd scare myself if I had to climb back into the G-II or the Hogger.

I hear ya. It wasn't pretty when I was jumping back and forth between the 737-200 and 737-800. Common type....:rolleyes:

<<<< Anyone fly the EASY version - impressions? >>>>

With NJE, yes. We have about 10 of the beasties, waiting for minor issues with the winglets to be fixed, then new ones will be "LX" models (instead of "EX"), & I think that all our existing fleet will be retro-fitted.

Very computer-integrated, the FMS is a marvel but you can sometimes get spurious fault codes when computer bits don't talk to each other properly. However, there are fixes for most of them, so generally not too bad. The situational awareness with the large screens is excellent & (as far as I'm aware), the only biz jet (any jet??) FMS where you can navigate/reroute directly from a map rather than a waypoint list. Makes it very quick for both pilots to input/acknowledge/action any route changes.

[Grits teeth] - as a Brit, I hate to say it, but it flies beautifully! If anything, the wing is too slick - quite hard at times to descend/slow down at the same time. Auto-throttle, speed protection for nearly all of the flight envelope, some very clever systems. Just done recurrent at TEB, so suitably refreshed on all the super synoptic system windows, very easy to see what is working & what isn't.

The flight deck is quite comfortable & quiet, but the PIC seat can't recline as much as the SIC's - emergency equipment/shelves behind PIC. Longest I have done was 8:15 (KLIT - Lisbon), medium range cruise for some of the flight, then normal hi-speed, landed with 2600 lbs, so enough for about another 30 - 45 mins IFR flight?

Galley at the front, but no separate crew restroom. Big baggage hold - but once you put the company stuff in there + crew bags, then 10 pax with 2 Louis Vitton cases each, it can make life difficult (not as bad as the H800 though!).

Engines are marvellous, heaps of power, with unrestricted climb = 40,000' in 20 mins or so (ISA). They use oil though, so not unusual to have to put in a quart every 2 - 3 days.

Pax seem to like the cabin, good head room & quiet environment.

All in all, a very nice jet to fly.

To be exact, NJE has: 8 2000's and 7 EX 2000's

This information can be found here:

http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?D...=129&OPER_NAME=NETJETS+TRANSPORTES+AEREOS+S+A

and here:

http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?D...=129&OPER_NAME=NETJETS+TRANSPORTES+AEREOS+S+A

The carrier operating as NJ Middle East is currently operating 1 Falcon 2000 classic.

http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?DSGN_CODE=N29F&OPER_FAR=129&OPER_NAME=NATIONAL+AIR+SERVICE

FWIW

<<<< We have about 10 of the beasties, >>>>

I did say "about" - too enthusiastic in anticipating our next delivery. ;)

<<<< To be exact, NJE has: 8 2000's and 7 EX 2000's... >>>>

To be exact, the FAA is (like many other things associated with the FAA!) behind the times - we have 9 F2000 EASy aircraft & 7 F2000 Classics - the latest EASy registration for all the spotters is CS-DLG.

<<<< We have about 10 of the beasties, >>>>

I did say "about" - too enthusiastic in anticipating our next delivery. ;)

<<<< To be exact, NJE has: 8 2000's and 7 EX 2000's... >>>>

To be exact, the FAA is (like many other things associated with the FAA!) behind the times - we have 9 F2000 EASy aircraft & 7 F2000 Classics - the latest EASy registration for all the spotters is CS-DLG.

Yeah yer right, who the heck am I kidding??? When has the FAA ever been "exact" about anything?? ;)

That Falcon 2000 is a sweet bird. I saw one up close in HPN the other day, and was immediately jealous.

OK, now we have 10!! The latest F2000 EASy (CS-DLH) arrived this week - it's in our new "Mark of Zorro" paint scheme! Piccie of our latest G550 in the same scheme! :eek:

You know, I think someone on our union message board suggested we change out call sign to "Frito Bandito". I love it!! LOL!

Actually, that dark blue on the G doesn't look too bad. Not exactly the most stylish thing around, but doesn't trigger the gag reflex like the same paint scheme I've seen on the X's (which, unfortunately, I'll be flying).

Latest resources

Back