• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets--Earnings Release

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys and wife are funny. You have plenty to worry about. Interesting that we are all feeling very secure in our jobs here at AvantAir. Say whatever you want. The company stood by it's employees, all of them like it or not. I would focus on your own situation and not pay too much attention to ours. We just sit back and laugh at this stuff. You all can continue to send your resumes in though. By the way there is no anti union stuff going on here it just doesn't come up at all. When you end up being the only company not to furlough that pretty much says it all.

Talk about bad karma! You are obviously not that smart to be saying something like this. If you have been in this industry for any amount of time you would know that your company is definitely not immune, things might be going well now but it can turn on a dime, I've seen it happen many times. All you are doing is inviting it with these types of foolish comments. My guess is it wont be long before your attitude catches up with you. I'm glad Avantair is doing well, but you obviously are trying to rum it in the face of people who are worried about their jobs. Not cool and you will be accountable for what you say.

I'm glad Avantair is doing well, but you obviously are trying to rum it in the face of people who are worried about their jobs. Not cool and you will be accountable for what you say.

Dude good for you. But Avantair is like a bagpipe band in battle. They just don't matter. Glad everything is cool though.:cool:

Last edited:
Just go with CA1900's suggestion. It's easier...;) And it's right--Both.

You have to feel bad for the Avantair pilots that have fallen for B19's anti-union, management is perfect, just trust us .... BS. Imagine having a top level manager who has no integrity and lies to pilots ...:erm:

It brings Moisture to mind...err...eyes...;) NJ folks can say, been there, done that. The memory was bad enough to make you want to warn others.

Waco, this is probably quite "interesting" to those who didn't know, huh? If my husband worked at Avantair, unsettling is the word I'd use.

Fisch, you nailed it!

NJW, as I have said before, I respect most of what you try to do, but not this. Why are you gloating? Clearly it makes you feel good to try to find some crack in our happiness. Many of us have said that we respect NetJets, and wish them well. Why are you so small that you cannot do the same for us? Yes, I find your information about B19 interesting. Do you really think I have fallen for his misinformation? Do another search, and find where he and I went at it for awhile. Can you really suggest that I have "fallen for B19's ... BS?"
I like it here at Avantair. Is that so bad? I think management is responsive to our needs. Is that immoral, somehow? I have nothing against unions, I just don't see the need for one here. Do you know more about our situation than I do?

Who are you to judge our job satisfaction? Who are you to say we are wrong?

Be careful NJW. You are starting to sound just as strident as B19 does and worse, you are starting to spread FUD, just like he does.

Wacoflyr

By the way NJW if your husband worked at Avantair you wouldn't have to worry about your family being affected. Sounds nice doesn't it?

Are you serious?...:erm: Aside from the pay, what about health care? You guys don't have employee-paid insurance, do you? Having health, dental and vision coverage for one's family is very nice. Not to mention the peace of mind that also comes with knowing my husband's pay, schedule, benefits and work rules are all guaranteed by the contract. If my husband worked at Avantair I'd constantly be worried because those things could be changed at any time and there'd be nothing he could do about it.

I think perhaps you misunderstood what I meant be being affected. It's only because my husband is committed to serving NJ pilots and we care what happens to the pilotgroup. It wasn't a complaint; I was just making an observation.

Are you serious?...:erm: Aside from the pay, what about health care? You guys don't have employee-paid insurance, do you? Having health, dental and vision coverage for one's family is very nice. Not to mention the peace of mind that also comes with knowing my husband's pay, schedule, benefits and work rules are all guaranteed by the contract. If my husband worked at Avantair I'd constantly be worried because those things could be changed at any time and there'd be nothing he could do about it.

Then it is a good thing your husband works at NetJets. I am happy for you and your family. Please be happy for me and mine.

Wacoflyr

NJW, as I have said before, I respect most of what you try to do, but not this. Why are you gloating? I think that a person who makes personal attacks, lies, and spreads FUD, deserves to be exposed for what he is. Clearly it makes you feel good to try to find some crack in our happiness. Wrong. This is about B19, not the Avantair pilots. Many of us have said that we respect NetJets, and wish them well. Why are you so small that you cannot do the same for us? Getting colder...:erm: I have done the same for your group and all of the other fracs, too, many many times. Yes, I find your information about B19 interesting. Do you really think I have fallen for his misinformation? Do another search, and find where he and I went at it for awhile. Can you really suggest that I have "fallen for B19's ... BS?" I made a sympathetic comment intended for the pilots it applied to, generally, with no one particular in mind.
I like it here at Avantair. Is that so bad? Not at all. I think management is responsive to our needs. Is that immoral, somehow? :confused: Odd choice of wording. Not immoral, but time may prove it naive; we'll have to see. I have nothing against unions, I just don't see the need for one here. As some of you have posted. Do you know more about our situation than I do? In a general, voice-of-experience way, many of those posting here recognize your situation and can predict an outcome with the odds on their side. Moisture (inside NJ joke for Boisture) is just one example of many aviation managers that couldn't be trusted. B19 is another.

Who are you to judge our job satisfaction? Who are you to say we are wrong?

Be careful NJW. You are starting to sound just as strident as B19 does and worse, you are starting to spread FUD, just like he does.

Wacoflyr

Waco, you're quite off-base about my post. I commented on B19's lack of integrity--not your job satisfaction which seems to be quite high among the Avantair pilots posting here. I did not say you're wrong to like it there and I did not spread FUD. In fact, I even took the time to back up my posts by quoting B19 referring to his employment at Avantair.

I'm sorry for the Avantair pilots that B19 is in management there. You guys deserve much better. Good Luck! I hope things continue to work out well for you. NJW

Waco, I'm glad that you and your family are doing fine. I wish y'all a happy and prosperous future.

Best wishes to the other Avantair families, too, and the rest of our frac community, as well. May the economy soon improve and help us all.
Warm regards,
NJW

Is it so surprising that B19 would pose as someone who worked at Avantair at a time when NJW was doing everything she could to get the pilot group to Unionize. Once again try to listen NJW we are not falling for anything there is no one in management spreading anything about unions. It doesn't come up at all.
You clearly have no clue about our health insurance and you have been proven clueless on our pay. Of course if you have no job none of this matters very much. We understand you have to do everything you can to protect the union and spread the word and that Avantair doesn't help you with that. Still that doesn't give you the right to constantly be on attack against us.

NJW, You state that you can predict an outcome for our company, with the odds on your side. I find this strange. I'm here, interacting with management, working my job, with a lifetime of experience in the workplace behind me, at companies with and without unions, but you think you know more about what is going on here than I do. Amazing. Just amazing.
Some who don't work there have made predictions about layoffs at Netjets. I bet that was irritating. See any similarities, at all? They were told, correctly, that they were spreading FUD. I agreed.
I certainly don't know whether NetJets will have to layoff any pilots. If I were to apply industry standards to NetJets, then of course they will lay off pilots. But I don't work there, and have no way of knowing, so I would never make such a prediction. I certainly never would on a public forum where it is bound to annoy the crap out of my fellow pilots who are already worried about their industry, and the future of their chosen careers. Do I need to spell it out any more clearly? I hope not. I have to work now.

Wacoflyr

Latest resources

Back