NetJets DX Ops 91K Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok Not takers yet...

Just wanted to see if we had any info on ground job hirings, like customer service, ADX, Weather dept, etc.....

I understand some interviews have been going on recently, just looking for some info, please Pvt [email protected]

thanks

We have hired 7 new dispatchers and hiring 5 more - many of which are replacements. There are always "entry-level" jobs to be had working in the flight center in Owner Services and Crew Services.

I will make no secret of my dislike of NJA scheduling because they are in cahoots with management and running this place in the ground.

The bright spark has been with the new hire schedulers running the Hawkers. They have been efficient and precise and have actually asked us our opinion on things from time to time.

Glad to hear about the Hawker Schedulers.

I have worked in the flight center for 7 years (never as a scheduler) and have never heard of a single incident (except for one that was found to be a false allegation after an ivestigation) where a scheduler made a decision based on anything other than the owner's best interest. That's what they are paid to do - very simple - find a plane and a crew to cover the reservation. The logistical nightmare is trying to do this with a fleet that is in constant repair - crews that are in constant flux - and owners that schedule and cancel trips at will - on top keeping it all within operating rules and regulations.

With 91K this got even harder - they have to now give show times for the next duty day - or next tour - when they shut them down for the day. They have crews show a week from now for a trip that hasn't even been booked yet! The increasing trend is that owners are booking trips about 72 hours before departure.

So I understand that crews are naturally going to feel like they get the short end of the stick when they show 4 AM in the morning and there is nothing for them to do until noon either becasue the trip was canceled or scheduling had to make change in the best interest of serving all the owners (the "big picture" theory comes to play). It doesn't do scheduling any favors to pi$$ off crews. But their decisions are to serve the owners best interests first and crews second - but never with malicious intent toward crews - that is absurd.

I'm not unaware of how hard our crews work and the harsh reality of the demands from shcheduling - I see it every day. But realize there has never been a day in the history of NJA that went according the the planned schedule. Let's just say if it did, EVERYONE'S life would be much easier.

Saying they are running the place in the ground seems rather harsh - do you have an example of how they do this?

Stay safe out there...

I'll say it. SCHEDULERS ARE RUNNING THIS PLACE INTO THE GROUND.

There are too many examples to list. Scheduling doesn't operate within any rules and regulations. We call the BS on half their "scheduling" plans.

But oh yeah we don't see the big picture.

I'm just going to go punch a wall.

Still waiting for an example... it's one thing to make allegations and pass it off as God's own truth. It's quite another to cite an example and trace it back to the source.

How do you know there wasn't a reasonable explanation?

What would motivate a scheduler to "run the place into the ground"? Wouldn't that be rather masochistic?

Have you ever spent just a couple of hours sitting with a scheduler and watching him do his work and seeing what he has to manage? Do this and then tell me what you would do differently...

Don't get me wrong - I don't see this operation through rose colored glasses. I have found scheduling mistakes myself. But there is a huge difference between making a mistake and alleging that they are doing something spiteful. Which assumption are YOU making?

By the way, the last time I saw someone punch a hole in the wall, it was a scheduler in the flight center. Kind of ironic for me to see both sides of the fence.

Here's an example....a good friend of mine is about 2/3 done with IOE on the Hawker 800 at NJA. He had a 4 day tour on his schedule and was told by scheduling to hang out at the FBO at his gateway for 14 hours/day apparantly so just in case a IOE Check Airman happened to come along he could go fly. He said "sure, I'll be there (NOT)" and hung up. Luckily he can be at the FBO in 30 minutes if by some miracle a Check Airman did show up. Totally stupid for him to go to the FBO unless they are halfway certain he'll have a Check Airman and a plane to fly.

AirBear

I fail to see how this can run a company into the ground.

Let's just assume everything you said is exactly accurate and there is no more to the story than that. You have given me an example of how your friend didn't even ask the scheduler if he could stand-by at his home which was only 30 minutes away. What was he thinking? Your friend apparently assumed he was standing by only because a Check Airman might show up - bad assumption. There is a miriad of reasons why someone might be held on during his duty day. It is highly unlikely he actually sat there for the entire 14 hours or that it was even the scheduler's intent. But let's say he did. What legal, unethical, immoral, unfair rule did the company violate? What promise did they break?

Listen, this isn't my first day here. Scheduling has to have a good reason to keep a crew standing by at an FBO - they don't do it because they could care less about your friend or because they don't like him - it just doesn't get that personal. They are flexible in letting crews stand-by at the hotel (this went into effect last month), or home, in this case, or going on 2 hour lunches if they want.

What gets me is that your opinion of what "runs a company into the ground" has everything to do with the pilot's work-life. This example in no way affected one owner that day - even if he got so upset he quit - it wouldn't affect a paying customer - the company would survive just fine.

So when you say scheduling is running the company into the ground apparantly you are really saying - "the company is unneccesarlily making MY life difficult while I'm at work and someone better make it better".

Dispatcher,

There are many examples. Most wont post any right now as most do not want to become a hostage if you are a management toadie. A specific example could be trouble. That being said, I will say to take a look at the X fleet for example. How come there are internationally qualified guys that go to Europe once a year, and others that they airline across country on extended days to get in position for a trip? How come 3 or 4 of those guys should have an apartment in Paris or London as much as they are over. Others go years without a trip and become unqualed. Explain that.

I would tell you to ask ANY X pilot to tell you an example of how sceduling is corrupt and costs this company millions. If you are a nice guy and they trust you, Im sure they would give you many specific examples. I tell the FM's when they ask. That being said, 90% of the FM's and dispatchers I work with are top notch, great guys(and girls). The propaganda from management will start soon. I hope you people figure out who the bad guys are.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back