• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets DX Ops 91K Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Propaganda is well under way...From both sides...

I've heard a beautiful explanation of Netjets business structure...Imagine several different smoke stacks built vertically....Now imagine each one of those stacks represents a different department...now imagine that there are no connections between the different structures....This my friends is the major flaw in scheduling et al and the entire operation...There is no way someone from flight ops that may see something that will make the day go by smoother and more efficiently can relay that info to scheduling and be assured they will use the info...

ie each section is only accountable to itself...no checks and balances there...

The one recurring scheduling flaw that irks me is you arrive late at night and see 2 or 3 similar aircraft that are flyable and crewed...then after a 10 hour turn you return to the airport and see those aircraft still parked there...IE you get min rest when the load could have been shared more evenly...But as I said above, we have no input into scheduling at all...

I say all of this knowing that schedulers aren't intentionally scheduling poorly...they are busy as hell...but they aren't good about listening to concerns or suggestions from the end users of their briefs...ie the pilots....and like it or not the crews are the ones that should have direct input as they see the problems early in the day....

dsptchrNJA said:
I fail to see how this can run a company into the ground.

I'm not saying that, what I'm saying is scheduling and the company are blowing off the contract they signed with the pilots. I'm not talking about grey areas, I'm talking about black and white issues. Even the new LOA allowing pilots to sit at an FBO for a max 6 hours is being frequently violated. My feeling is that schedulers are doing a lot of CYA and are just afraid to release or send a pilot to the hotel/home because it might come back and bite them in the a$$. I don't think it's their personal fault this is happening. It's mostly a lack of planning for 91K and a resulting shortage of crews and also a cultural thing with the company and the urination contest they're having with the pilots right now.

A regional airline I spent a few years at would throw the contract out the window if following it might delay or cancel a flight. Once I asked why they were assigning me something that was a clear violation and the answer was "operational necessity". I asked what page of the contract addressed that and got a stoney silence at the other end. Crew Trackers at this airline were frequently screamed at by supervisors because they couldn't find pilots to cover open time. Again, I can't fault them because it was more of a corporate culture that was to blame. They just wanted to avoid being yelled at. I've seen what's happening at NJA a number of times at other companies. I think 90% of the problems will be cleared up with a new contract and sufficient bodies to staff the operation. This was the case with my previous airline. Their fleet doubled in size the 2 years I was there but they did not plan ahead for staffing and training flow. Once they got caught up contract violations decreased.

In my friends case I suspect he didn't ask about sitting at home because he didn't want to risk being turned down. As close as he was to the FBO/Airport he could get there in a hurry so I think he just took a chance. Keep in mind he's still in training and can only fly with a IOE Check Airman. There's nothing else the company could have him do except that or airline out to meet up with one. IOE Check Airman are very scarce, I think he waited over a month to get his first IOE trip started.

As far as "running the company into the ground" I think that's a fairly common (and exaggerated) complaint at large organizations. I've been flying for a living since 1981 and employees at every company I've ever been with have said the same thing. NJA doesn't have a monopoly on that. I think pilots aren't truely happy unless they're bitching about how stupid management is :)

CE750Driver said:
Dispatcher,

There are many examples. Most wont post any right now as most do not want to become a hostage if you are a management toadie. A specific example could be trouble.

You're bowing my cover! Seriously, if it's that important to you - PM me and I will tell you who I am - I've got nothing to hide and nothing to gain from this board. It should go without saying I do not represent the company's point of view nor any single person in dispatch or the flight center. My opinions are my own.

CE750Driver said:
That being said, I will say to take a look at the X fleet for example. How come there are internationally qualified guys that go to Europe once a year, and others that they airline across country on extended days to get in position for a trip? How come 3 or 4 of those guys should have an apartment in Paris or London as much as they are over. Others go years without a trip and become unqualed. Explain that.

I would tell you to ask ANY X pilot to tell you an example of how sceduling is corrupt and costs this company millions. If you are a nice guy and they trust you, Im sure they would give you many specific examples. I tell the FM's when they ask. That being said, 90% of the FM's and dispatchers I work with are top notch, great guys(and girls). The propaganda from management will start soon. I hope you people figure out who the bad guys are.

I'm not going to spew off some half-guess like I know what I'm talking about in answer to your question. I am strictly a domestic DX and have never been a scheduler. However, this is not a new allegation and back when Bill Boisture first began he started an official 3rd party investigation into this very topic and as you may or may not know it came back clear of any wrong-doing by any scheduler. I am at home and don't have the specifics but when I get back to work I can look it up. I am going to be out for 3 days on a trip. If you have proof that this is true you can call the ethics hotline and report it and remain annonymous. Obviously, they take stuff like that seriously. Otherwise I have to assume your not getting the whole story. That's been my experience every time I look into a complaint - someone makes an accusation based on only 20% of the information available.

What's with finding a bad guy? No one is out to get you. We need you and at the end of the day we're all on the same team. All I can tell you is what I've seen and heard with my own eyes. I have only seen this company operate with the utmost of integrity and treated people as fairly as it could - don't forget - they could have laid both of us off back during the recession - NJA was overstaffed by wide margins and it cost them big bucks to keep us employed - but Santulli kept his promise that he wouldn't lay off or furlough a single person. How quickly we forget...

stay safe

I live in a hole at work but from the I cant say Ive seen ANYONE try to *uck a crewmember.

or vice versa

This is the end of the line for me in aviation. This company is my last stop. I love my job and love NetJets. Aviation as a whole is VERY unstable. 9/11 just made a bad hand worse. NetJets was my hope in some sort of stability. I was willing to give up some things for stability - pay to be precise.

Every side has its story - to bad others will get pulled in. I have heard on the phone and read threads saying "we will take this company down" or "give me what I want or I put this Company under".

Please dont go there - You will make enemies of the whole flight center when it was not needed. You have people at work bust'n butts watchin your backs, dont stab them in theirs.

--Note
Goes without saying but - I speak for myself NOT for any Company or any group.

Diesel said:
I'll say it. SCHEDULERS ARE RUNNING THIS PLACE INTO THE GROUND.

There are too many examples to list. Scheduling doesn't operate within any rules and regulations. We call the BS on half their "scheduling" plans.

But oh yeah we don't see the big picture.

I'm just going to go punch a wall.

LOL!!Punch a wall.. Sounds like someone who did that had a CCCCChip on their shoulder!!

Scheduling is corrupt and we all know it. The union has proof, the company does nothing about it.

Why does a senior Falcon pilot get 4 on 3 off for 8 months? Because he admittedly sent food and gifts to a scheduler in order to get the schedule.

Why does a Hawker pilot on the 7&7, on many occasions, get the first 2 days on STBY at home, go out for 5, airline home on day 7 and sit at home for 2 extended days?

The proof is there. Again, the union and the pilot group reported it and NutJets management, for whatever reason, does nothing about it.
The formal inquiry a few months back revealed significant lapses in judgement but yet nothing was done about it.

I will say that recently some new schedulers have been brought on and we can't pass judgement on them yet. Lastly, scheduling does not have at their disposal the proper tools to complete their jobs efficiently and effectively. Again, another case of this sh!t bag operation claiming "this is the way we have always done it".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back