• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYLOW22

NetJets doubles Hawker jet order

Wichita Business Journal - 12:30 PM CST Monday

by Ken Vandruff

NetJets Aviation ordered an additional 48 Hawker business jets from Raytheon Aircraft Co. -- doubling the order the fractional ownership company placed during the 2006 National Business Aviation Association convention.
NetJets, based in Woodbridge, N.J., split the order between 30 Hawker 750s and 18 Hawker 900XPs. It's the same split as NetJets' 2006 order. The two orders combined are worth more than $1 billion.

"This order for 48 additional Hawker aircraft will help NetJets meet its increased demand for private aviation solutions in Europe and the U.S.," said Richard Santulli, NetJets Inc. chairman, in a statement.
Both jets are built at Raytheon's manufacturing plant in Wichita. Deliveries on the Hawker 900XPs will start this year and continue through 2012. Deliveries on the Hawker 750s will start in 2008 through 2009 on the initial order and start in 2010 and continue through 2011 on the followup order.

Your right...

thats alot of pilots needed.....if Netjets would go to home basing they would shutdown FLOPS.....almost everyone i know......myself included would leave now.....and im a 6yr PIC at flops, thats how bad it is now.

see you at 5am in the FBO.....

thats alot of pilots needed.....if Netjets would go to home basing they would shutdown FLOPS.....almost everyone i know......myself included would leave now.....and im a 6yr PIC at flops, thats how bad it is now.

see you at 5am in the FBO.....

So true... but.

The reality is that they don't need to do this. Flops is shrinking on their own, not selling shares - only Jetpass. Owners are not renewing contracts. They are no longer competition for NJ. Its in a totally different ballgame. The operation is becoming comparable to charter and flops is operating aircraft that have the appearance of freighters. And yes.... if they had home basing I'd go in a second!!! Would they have me:) probably not! :(

HS

I'm just grateful that no new 400XP's were ordered.

Latest resources

Back