• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets done for 2008

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I mean only for this 2008. They told me that NetJets have enough people for 2008. They will continue to hire for 2009.

Who exactly are they? I am in Columbus every other week it seems and all I have heard is business as usual which is steady hiring and classes.

I smell Flame Bait.:rolleyes:

"They" may have hired enough for all the classes remaining in 2008 there are a lot of guys waiting for classes in the "pool", but I find that even hard to believe.

Last edited:
Everybody knows it takes from 6 months to a year to get on with NJA right now unless you've got some really good connections. So yes, if you apply today, you're likely to receive a "you're hired" call some time in 2009. NJA is popular, the line is long. Be patient. NJA is not stopping anything anytime soon. That's my bet.

Skyward80

not trying to flame. just wondering from someone who might know is it still 400 for the year and 400 next year?

It's going to be 400-450 (maximum possible due to FSI slots) until the new training Campus (NJU) is finished and additional sims become available.

We have 2,800 pilots. We've had 2,800 pilots for some time now (2 years+ maybe).

The reason = NO MORE SIM TIME.

Sims are used for:

Interviews
Initials
Transitions
Upgrades
Rechecks
SIC STEP
PIC PCs
and filming for the History Channel.

They are full.

Bring on NJU and 26 sims!

We'll all see massive growth then... 2,800 to 5,000 will be possible.

They haven't broke ground yet on the campus.

2 years ago we had 2500 pilots - latest seniority list shows 2850. The number hired is significantly higher than 350 due to attrition (furloughees that went back to their airline - ouch!, retirements, medical issues etc...).

We continue to receive airplanes and have not cut back on deliveries yet. Our training program is backed up in various fleets because of maxing out training slots available with FSI as mentioned.

It is a great place to work so if you're serious about the job put your stuff in and keep it updated. You have to get in the pile to have a chance.

Still interviewing

I also know of two people with July phone interviews, prob August interviews in CMH with September indoc Class dates. October aircraft initial. They'll be on IOE by November. Yep sounds like they're just about done with 2008 hiring since December comes after November. Next year they'll be all done with 2009 hiring at some point. I will guarantee that in writing.

Latest resources

Back