NetJets Contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TaxiDriver

Just got a call from a 5yr NetJets Captain. I didn't recognize his voice.....sounded like he just got busted by the FAA. Nope, it was worse....somehow he got word that the proposed contract only increases the pay by 5%.

Rumor? Truth? I don't know. Just figured someone else might like to know this.

5% raise

Absolute BS..... the pilots are looking for 100 grand min at the 5 year mark and the companys giveing us thats too high, but " you'll be the highest paid in the fractional industry with this latest counter offer".... what ever the hell that offer is...We aint heard.

WORNG put a 7 in front of your 5 that was around the company's OPENER which would blow away F/O CS money. However we want more and will get more. Stay tuned!

Complete and total horsesh!t

The company wants 5 year maybe $100K. Supposedly boths sides walked away. We have July now and then maybe self help provided the NMB agrees.

The problem is their BULLSH!T proposal is derived by comparing our pay scales with FO, CS and others. No disrespect to theirs but that is an irrelevant argument. Their pay is based of ours which has set an unreasonably low standard. Also as the "industry leader" we are touted as we should be setting a standard.

As it appears right now all our company propaganda is turning out to be smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
Doubt it. The last thing NJA needs is pi$$ed off pilots - the people who interface with their customers. Santulli is smarter than that... Just watch customer service TANK if that were to happen.

I know I am sort of an outsider here...not a pilot...but have to wonder...what is all this talk about 'highest paid' etc. don't most fractional pilots work less than most ble collar people anyway? Is working (at all) for a fractional these days a bad thing? seems to me mpney is important...but not notALL that

Hi Anis!

U let us know when you've volunteered to work for free at your current job, and we'll get back 2 U about the money thing!

Cliff
GRB

Lrjet55 said:
Complete and total horsesh!t

The company wants 5 year maybe $100K. Supposedly boths sides walked away. We have July now and then maybe self help provided the NMB agrees.

Could you enlighten us further by defining "self help"?

"Self Help" is what a mediator releases the union to do if he feels the company is not offering a fair deal to the union in negotiations. In other words it frees the union to take "work actions" which include various activities including a strike.

BUT - The mediator working the Netjets deal is not going to release the union to self help so it is a mute point. This game is going into overtime - round and round we go.......

Latest resources

Back