Netjets combining?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Briefly, back to Spyguy's original question:

Petition can be filed in late 2008. Then we're into the holidays, testimony from both sides, blah, blah, blah. Just guessing that the NMB decision won't be issued until somewhere around March, maybe April 2009. Depending on the decision, there could be appeals, restraining orders, lawyers getting rich, more blah, blah, blah. Don't expect anything final until late 2009.

Two guarantees: 1) It will be very expensive for both sides. 2) Some will be happy when it's over and some will be p'od.

Thanks for the info guys. I am planning on putting in an application and my time in the navy runs out about a year or so before the filing date. So, I am very interested in the possible merger and IF it happens, what will the low guys on the totem pole be in for. Seat lock? Off to PBI and a pay cut to 30k? There are a lot of us out here following this story closely. I get some good inside info, but it's nice to get a larger picture sometimes.

paycut to 30k? Where would that be?

Wow. All I can say is h25b is very perceptive; and I agree with him. As someone who has no interest in either party, he can probably afford to be less emotional than those involved. In any case, just keep an eye on which way resources move in the next year or two...back to CMH, or further over to Okatie.

BTW, it's not "Netjets International" anymore; it's "NJI, Inc." And when we cover each other's trips, "money" changes hands (They even did that sort of thing in the military, which I always found amusing. Each squadron kept a tight leash on "their" funds/budget, even though it ultimately all came out of the same pot.)

Sorry Diesel, I will be more exact, I wouldn't want to take a pay cut from 70,000 down to 39,000, 40,900 (Cat1,2,3 pay), or 50,000(Cat IV). I don't see anyone living above the poverty line in PBI with those wages. And depending on how badly the low guys might get screwed in the POSSIBLE merger, that would be the worst case scenario.

h25b,

Thanks for that link and information. Very interesting indeed.

In my opinion, if you follow the $$ you'll find your answer. We just took over the entire building down in Okatie, and I give us 2 years before its too small!

How will the decision go? No clue... but I'm putting my chips on Woodbridge.

So we can all stop speculating about how the NLRB will view this:

Here's the legal skinny and the criteria at which the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) uses to determine if 2 seemingly separate companies should be one:

NJA and NJI can be considered "double breasted." Double-breasting exists when one company has 2 or more subsidiaries, one unionized and one not.
The NLRB uses the following criteria to determine if the companies should be one:
1) interrelation of operations
2) centralization of control of labor relations
3) common management
4) common ownership or financial control

No one of these factors has been held to be controlling, but the NLRB has, in the past stressed the first 3 factors which go to show "operational integration," particularly centralized control of labor relations. The Board has declined in several cases to find integration merely upon the basis of common ownership or financial control.

These are the criteria.... how they are viewed is another matter. My view:
1) ineterrelation of operations: leans toward NJA. Since NJI "operations" is different from CMH. BUT NJA and NJI definately have interrlation of operations everday. NJA planes pick up pax from NJI and visa versa. The interchange agreement for owners includes all airplane from both companies. The list goes on and on. Note that the criteria does not say LOCATION of operations but INTERRELATION of operations.

2) centralization of control of labor relations... NJA wins this one easily. No explanation required.

3) common managment..leans toward NJI but it all depends on how they define "management." We all have the same upper management at Woodbridge. But closer to the operations, management differs

4) common ownership or financial control. leans to NJA. We're all owned by Berksire Hathaway who has financial control. There could be things I'm missing here though

So things seem to lean toward NJA and single carrier status now. But I'm sure there are things missing and who knows what the whole mess will look like in 3 years.

Well thought out....as to point 3--- Common Management----

In the Single Carrier Suit I was involved with the NMB reviewed both the Operational Management and the Fidutiary Management.

Op Mgmt was very different largely due to the fact that the 2 company being compaired operated 2 very different types of a/c.

However.....where the money was going from both companies was practically identical.

This was a very important point outlined on their final ruling where they found we were, indeed, found to be a "Single Carrier".

Hydrakt,

Good discussion, but note the disconnect in the logic between the corresponding colored phrases: :rolleyes:

hydrarkt said:

Etc, etc...

These are the criteria.... how they are viewed is another matter. My view:

Etc, etc...

Just giving you a hard time.

hydrarkt said:
... who knows what the whole mess will look like in 3 years.

Exactly, but lets hope for the best for all those in the fray now at either NJA or NJI. And for those hoping to end up at either company, we appreciate the good debate and discussion so we can try to make at least a half-way informed decision. Thanks.

hydrarkt said:

I thought NJA was under the Railway Labor Act; thus the National Mediation Board, not the NLRB would hear this case?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back