• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets/Cessna

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not something I would do to people that worked for me... I guess thats why I'll never be in management....

What would you do if you had a business that apparently appears to be bleeding you dry year in and year out? Are they shutting down completely or shrinking? Fractionals haven't made any money except for a couple of years during the glory days of wall street euphoria. That (and you know who in the white house) is over.

CS assigns owner management contracts to NJ in exchange for future sales. CS gets rid of the liability. NJ picks up capacity. Except as noted in the CJ3 fleet, NJ probbaly already has existing capacity in its fleets (used inventory) such that it does not need to bring on any new planes now (I do note that CS marketed the XLS as a 9 pax), and maybe will bring back a few pilots. For now, this is the only way I see it going down.

Not sure I missed it or not Owner....Do you think that Cessna would do this move WITHOUT an actual purchase of new a/c from Netjets?

I was under the assumption (if this rumor has any merit) that a couple billion dollar order would be what Cessna wants, and owners is what NJA wants....

Also, as far as owner contracts go, would Cessna be allowed to just transfer owners to NJA? I am thinking that there would be a large push by Netjet sales team to get those owners. But I didn't think they would just be handed over unless the owners allowed it to happen?

JJ ... I wouldn't give any contracts to NJ ... I would keep the ones I have ... perhaps not sell any more money losing contracts. Apologize for management incompetence ... Let the employees know we will be shrinking slowly to non existence because we are too dumb to make money flying other people's airplanes. Give some sort of timeframe for people to make plans.

The only way I would give contracts to NJ is if they took pilots with the contracts.

Last edited:
I have not seen the CA contracts, but I donot think it would be difficult to have NJA "manage" them (even without CA owner approval). And yes -- tied to the purchase of new planes.

YEAH, how bout that union vote now?

Obama has NOT helped the economy and the unemployment/deficit numbers prove it. The union didn't help CA and the unemployed CA pilots will soon prove that. Great job folks. You got it all correct (tongue in cheek). You have ruined a great company.

What would you expect a union to do? Guess what, your management would have done this without the union vote as well.

Latest resources

Back