NetJets Burning

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ghostrider64 said:
Disptcher failed to mention a comparison between proposed scale and that in use at NJI today....

Who cares?

You don't work for NJI. You don't fly the same equipment. Your jobs are similar, however, you don't have to stay in your airplane (sit in that seat) for up to 14 hours at a time. You also don't have to routinely go to those countries where the company has to hire security in order to protect you from the savages that would do anything they could to harm or kidnap you. You don't handle as many passengers at a time.
I have no idea on the numbers, but I would almost bet my next paycheck that the average total time for the NJI pilots vs the NJA pilots is significantly higher.

Apples and oranges buddy...

Dispatcher, you also failed to mention the comparison between the proposed scale and that of NASA astronauts.

Oh...Almost forgot to mention that NJI does not have a union. And from I have seen, most non-union pilots seem to make more money than union pilots. Coincidence?

Some guy

squonk said:
flyjetspeed posted:
I asked them how often they flew on NJA planes and they gave me the hundred yard stare...

Husband speaks up and says, well we're with Netjets, they send us any plane we want.

I tightened him up on the breakdown. He understood he owned a Gulfstream share, but was totally out of the loop on the breakdown of the companies.

The owner paid his money and the aircraft he requested showed up to his gate.
Do you really think he cares? He knows the pilots are trained and the aircraft are maintained. He may not have understood the breakdown of things and may have been surprised, but I'll bet that by the time the door closed he was giving it no further thought.

Some Guy

ghostrider64 said:
Why should the Gwhiz guys of the same company have a different scale, when I fly internationally as well and I'm not talking about canada and mexico I'm talking everywhere to include long over water trips?

1. Same Corporation; different companies.

2. You fly everywhere? I did a 10.4 block hour trip from NY to Sao Paulo, Brazil last week (with a fuel stop in Barbados). Funny thing was, after flying the entire night (left TEB at 8pm) and landing when the sun came up, I taxied up to ramp and didn’t see any NJA beechjets, hawkers, Citations, nothing.

Of course I did get a wonderful 2 hour ride in an armored car to the hotel. And of course we couldn’t leave the hotel for 2 days because of security. My point is although NJA Falcons do have the ability to travel worldwide, only the BBJ really does on a constant basis (and we all know they aren’t complaining about their pay). Your implication that all NJA pilots fly the same type of routes and trips that NJI pilots fly in the Gulfstreams, thereby deserving the same pay is absurd.

Someguy:

I'll bet that by the time the door closed he was giving it no further thought.

No argument there. Was just pointing out that we ARE the same company.

See you on line in a few months big guy!

ghostrider64 said:
Why should the Gwhiz guys of the same company have a different scale

....because they cut a different deal when their company was formed and they aren't union....DUH!! :)

Some guy said:
The owner paid his money and the aircraft he requested showed up to his gate.
Do you really think he cares? He knows the pilots are trained and the aircraft are maintained. He may not have understood the breakdown of things and may have been surprised, but I'll bet that by the time the door closed he was giving it no further thought.

Some Guy

EXACTLY!!!!! Our owners do not give a sh!t what crew/airplane transports them or if they are NJA/NJI/NJE/NJME/NJE or any other future NJ whatever. That is the entire point. Get it? We are a service company. Period. We do not own the airplanes, we do not own the FBO's, we do not pay for the fuel, we only provide SERVICE. SERVICE. SERVICE.!!! End of story! You know who makes the most impact on the service at NJI???? The Effing Flight Attendant!!!! Yup She/He makes the biggest impression of all. We can fly the most flawless, perfect, absolutely amazing performance of a cockpit crew you have ever seen and it is NOTHING!!!! If the Owner is unhappy with the "experience" it was all for NOTHING!!!! The whole thing revolves around the owners. I am sick of people thinking that this company is here just so pilots can fly around in jet airplanes. BS BS BS. Focus on the (god I hate this too) "BIG PICTURE" and we will get the pay/sched/bennies/etc. etc. only if we provide the owner with what he wants. If we don't CS, FO, etc WILL. Oh the h3ll with it I'm gonna have a double glass of Glenlivet and go to bed. Ciao
G

Mach92 said:
I REALLY wish you could hear what Bill Boisture says to our union leaders vs what he and NetJets is putting out. He has said many times that NetJets will fail and everyone will be gone unless xyz happens. Now do you honestly think they are going to send out ANY communication that says "hey NetJets employee things are not going well and YOU yes you mr dispatcher, owner services rep, travel dep agent ETC might be out of a job" ah NO!!! Ever hear of someone playing both sides?

I have many friends that work on the floor in Columbus. Whats sad to me is the total disrespect for you and the lies about whats really going on.

Yes the pay offer was that bad. In fact some pilots would under the current proposal take a pay cut vs our current 4 year old CBA. Would you vote for a pay cut? There is so much more to this stroy that I just cant talk about. Seek out a fellow pilot and find out whats really going on. The truth may just shock you.

Here's the difference - the promises made by the company that I referred to are in writing several times over - that means they will be held accountable for what they say. The suppossed "promises" I hear about on this board about what RTS or BB says are all rumor as far as I can tell - until I see it in writing it means nothing - especially coming from folk with personal agendas and bad attitudes.

Regardless, at the moment, the company's actions are speaking even louder than their words. I have seen some significant long term investments at least in the operations side at Bridgeway recently which speaks volumes about their commitement to certain long term goals. If there was any fear the company was losing ground or afraid of going out of business you wouldn't know it by the progress being made.

If there was any disrespect the way you imply above I would know about it.

Since I have only seen the company's "highlights" of their proposal contrasted with the "insulting" remarks made by "pilots" on this board I can't make an objective opinion on the last offer other than to say I am certain I don't get the whole story from either side. Neither are objective, or remotely exhaustive. The union has their spin, the company has their's - what else does anyone expect at this point?

Since the union won't publicize any of their proposals, and looking at the company's books don't seem that important to them - what are we supposed to believe exactly?

A statement was made today that said part of the unions proposal includes a $200,000 signing bonus for each pilot. Without the typical spin, perhaps you can at least confirm or deny this and explain how the union justifies it. Does your union leadership share Diesel's attitude that they don't give a rip how much money the company makes - " 'this' is how much we cost so just pay up?"

Latest resources

Back