• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Just curious as I sit on Flightaware with turkey in my belly

I tried finding some NetJets BBJ flights and none are up. I also looked a few days ago and could not find any.

Are these listed under a different callsign or maybe some are simply not airborne when I look?

Thanks

Well, we only have two of them, and they may be out of the country. When they are out of the country you will find them listed under their N number.

One left HPN yesterday around 4:45 pm, in front of us.
Not sure where it was going, but sure did look pretty.

Hung

Well, we only have two of them, and they may be out of the country. When they are out of the country you will find them listed under their N number.

I thought you guys had more than that....

thanks for the info

The company originally had 8 on order, took delivery of 4 or 5, then realized they had made some mistakes in how they planned and marketed the fleet, and then sold off airplanes until reaching the current 2.

It's been talked about before around here, but I think the company missed a major opportunity with the BBJ. If they had applied for a 121 supplemental ticket instead of a modified 135 for the fleet, they could have OWNED the professional sports charter market. It is a profitable business if well-run, and what better way to market share sales and Marquis cards than having hundreds of rich athletes on your airplanes dozens of times a year.

The 'tech wreck' and Enron-like abuse focused a spot light on Private jet use by CEOs etc..

There was down-sizing in the size of aircraft used by executives that coincided with the marketing of the BBJ. The timing worked against us for owners to justify the use of that aircraft.

How then do you justify a Gulfstream?

Well, I believe a Gulfstream is the standard corporate aircraft... When you get picked up in a 737 airliner ... it just doesn't look good to stock holders who are losing value in their holdings.

Last edited:

We actually have 2 1/2 BBJs. (I am not sure if its the front half or the back half).

127QS
129QS
772__.

We also sold one at a huge profit.

(This info from a BBJ pilot).

Last edited:
It's been talked about before around here, but I think the company missed a major opportunity with the BBJ. If they had applied for a 121 supplemental ticket instead of a modified 135 for the fleet, they could have OWNED the professional sports charter market.

NJLA just got the 121 Supplemental certificate this month. It took a couple years of paperwork revisions. Right now the FAA is putting together the new 121 OPSPECS.

Latest resources

Back