Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DiverDriver

Welcome to The Fall.
How close do you have to be near a base now? Distance? Driving time?

I'm in between IND, GRR, ORD, DTW by about 2-3 hours drive. Would that help me in an application assuming all other requirements are met?

You can live anywhere you want. You just have to pick one of the 100 and be there at the start of your shift. Which base you pick has makes zero difference on when you get the interview and rather or not you get the job. We have pilots who live up in Alaska and by their start date they are down in Seattle to start.

There is a very small amount of jumpseating allowed since we don't have any jumpseat agreements. The pilots who retired from the majors often retain pass riding ability so they could do a bit more free travel. We rack up lots of airline miles so you do get between 4 and 6 free domestic tickets a year that way and we can ride ferry flights with our families if we want, but that is a very unreliable way to get around and will almost never have a return flight.

We rack up lots of airline miles so you do get between 4 and 6 free domestic tickets a year that way

Is that pretty typical for most of the NJ pilots? I would miss the flight benefits if I left my current job. With a family of 5 I would only get one trip a year.

4-6 tickets seems about right. If you want free airline travel, don't apply here.

Depending on what you make at your current job, NetJets might give you the extra income to buy your tickets.

The last time I used my airline travel benefits, it took us two days to get home. It was getting harder to use those benefits.

Latest resources

Back