• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets basing.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got it...i tried once and came up empty, but will try again. also, how often can you change your base? lets say you live in LA and after you next tour you want to go to florida for a week, will they fly you there when you are done?

also, how often can you change your base?

I believe that you are allowed to change once every 30 days. And you can only have one crew base change pending at any one time. Fortunately, you get to tell the company what crew base you want to use and you don't have to wait for an opening.

Did you find the crew base list on here? It was posted in a few different threads.

yeah I found it...was suprised to find a few airports that dont have airline service. the thread talked about how the company would taxi the pilot to an airport with airline service.

yeah I found it...was suprised to find a few airports that dont have airline service. the thread talked about how the company would taxi the pilot to an airport with airline service.

Those are some of the so-called "general aviation" airports. The company feels that they have a decent chance of having a plane at those airports so they feel that they can offer those as a productive crew base. Depending on the fleet in question, there is a chance that one could actually take a QS plane out of one of those airports.

what is the average time to show at the airport for the first day of a trip? usually early am?

If they have you show before 0800 L on your first day, all the time prior to 0800 L is paid at overtime. And on top of that, for that situation, you'll also get OT for any time beyond 9 hours of duty on that day.

For example, if they have you show at 0630 L for an airline and you are on duty for 11 hours total that day, you'd get 1.5 hours (or 6 quarter-hours) of OT for the early show then another 2 hours (or 8 quarter-hours) for the hours in excess of 9 hours of duty. All told, you'd make an extra 3.5 hours of OT.

If they have you show before 0800 L on your first day, all the time prior to 0800 L is paid at overtime. And on top of that, for that situation, you'll also get OT for any time beyond 9 hours of duty on that day.

For example, if they have you show at 0630 L for an airline and you are on duty for 11 hours total that day, you'd get 1.5 hours (or 6 quarter-hours) of OT for the early show then another 2 hours (or 8 quarter-hours) for the hours in excess of 9 hours of duty. All told, you'd make an extra 3.5 hours of OT.

that is pretty sweet.. is a normal duty day considered 9 hours, and everything more than that is overtime?

Latest resources

Back