NetJets Bad Santa in LAS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much $$$ are we talking about?

I know you have to pay back 100% before a year and 50% before two years...but how much money are we talking about?

I kind of feel bad for the guy and his tactic is pretty interesting.

But he's an adult. If he signed the deal he should have stuck it out or have been able to otherwise meet his obligation barring some strange extinuating circumstance.

Was he PHX gateway?

tausap said:
Does netjets charge for training? I thought the industry had gotten away from that. Just wondering. Anyhow, it was funny as hell and I can imagine just a little embarrassing for EJA.

Happy Thanksgiving all.
NetJets' new-hire contract requires a two-year commitment. If you leave before that time, you do owe some or all of the cost of the type rating back. The types run from about $15K (Ultra) up to the mid $20K mark for the Falcon and the Cit-X. They actually spell the exact cost of the type in the new-hire info that they send to you, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

dime line said:
But the same arguement goes for your union and your current pay scale, you know it when you get hired, so why try and change it?
Because it's a 3 year "NEGOTIABLE" contract. That means that the terms, including work conditions, salary, benefits, scope, etc. will be negotiated between the company and the pilots when the contract becomes ammendable.

You ask, "So why try and change it?" Why would you NOT try to change it, if it was an option available to you???

Majik.......You ask, "So why try and change it?" Why would you NOT try to change it, if it was an option available to you???

I kinda think he is trying to change it. Right or wrong I have to hand it to the guy doing what he is doing. I have no problem with a training contract if the money is there in salary, which its not.

dime line said:
Majik.......You ask, "So why try and change it?" Why would you NOT try to change it, if it was an option available to you???

I kinda think he is trying to change it. Right or wrong I have to hand it to the guy doing what he is doing. I have no problem with a training contract if the money is there in salary, which its not.
I'm not talking about the Santa Guy or the training contract. He signed the paper, he's responsible. He can try to fight it however he wants, I don't care.

I was talking about your comment about our contract. You made it sound like we shouldn't try to improve the salary since we knew what it was when we got here. Was that what you were saying?

There is another Santa out there folks!

Holy moly..guacomole...folks its me again!..i just had the bejessus scared out of me while i was at MCO signature today!.i was walking out to curbside when all of a sudden i noticed a Santa walking by with a sign that read"shoe shines for legal fund"..im like its that creep again that i came across in LAS.I was really going to just avoid him and go my own way ...but i didnt..what a mistake..i approached the Creepy crawler looking Santa and said"remember me "...he quickly replied.."I dont forget ugly faces but yours ill make an exception"...at that point i called him a loser with no balls..he then grabbed me by my throat and shoved me ...i fell to the ground like a bag of rocks with 3 guys in it peeling them...he took off his hat and beard and i soon realized..it wasnt that sleezy krusty the clown looking santa from LAS...i was scared..really scared.he told me that he had gotten screwed from netjets with the trainning contract and the pay and didnt need any of my lip .He demanded an apology which i refused to give him as my flight bag was being thrown across and landed on the hood of some guys mercedes benz in which the driver looked like he was a producer for death row records didnt even want to step out of his car..at this point i ran for my life...i have a feeling this will be my worst xmas ever knowing that there are more than just one Santa out there disgruntled with netjets.I have promised myself to be packing heat now when i fly knowing that my next flight into a netjet gateway might be my last.If anyone out there has come across this creep at MCO let me know...im looking to press charges and have him sent back to san Quentin where he belongs...i didnt know netjets hired pilots with gang tattoos on their arms ..Guys becareful out there..next time you see a Santa with a sign saying shoe shines for legal fees...run your ass like it was on fire with 3 guys trying to shove a hose up it!..fly straight and pack a punch in your flight bag..cheers

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back