• Friendliest aviation community on the web

Helmsalee

From the Columbus Dispatch

NetJets plans announcement on expansion
Press conference set for 2:30 p.m. at Port Columbus
Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:26 AM
By Alan Johnson

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
Gov. Ted Strickland, Columbus Mayor Michael B. Coleman and the chairman of NetJets have scheduled a 2:30 p.m. press conference at Port Columbus to discuss the company’s expansion plans.
No word on the company’s decision is available.
However, the governor’s office said the attendees will include Richard T. Santulli, NetJets chairman and chief executive officer, and officials form the state, city and Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
State and local officials put together an incentive package for the private jet company described as being “certainly in excess” of the $57 million pitch made to Skybus Airlines.
Other cities considered for expansion by NetJets include Raleigh-Durham, N.C., Orlando, Fla., and Fort Worth, Texas.
NetJets, with more than 2,000 pilots in Ohio, is one of the fastest-growing companies owned by Berkshire Hathaway, controlled by billionaire Warren Buffett. The company has an 825,000-square-foot facility at Port Columbus and leases land and hangar space from the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.

Prety big announcement. One huge NetJets campus, the world's largest Flight Safety, with a price tag of $ 200 mil. Definetly lets you know where NetJets is headed.

Good news

May not be the "big" news we all expected. It doesn't really shorten upgrades or bring better airplanes....yet.

But it does say something for some serious job security for atleast the majority of my career...(I hope)

It sounds like it will also allow more pilots (upgrades and initials) get through training quicker and more efficient..Thus shortening upgrades. From what I've heard, the lack of training facilities really slows us up.

Anyone know how long this will take to build?

It takes at least 2 years to build "anything" of substance in commercial construction.

You are right. The planned completion is 2 1/2 years. How's that for something to look forward to?

Cheer up, there is more to come.

I thought Netjets would announce a big Citation Columbus order.... I guess Citationshares will make that announcement first.

Latest resources

Back