Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

squonk

Who is the gaucho, amigo?
Talking to some rotorheads today, and one tells me he saw an article in Propilot that NJA was getting TR's? I looked on the company site, and the rumor hasn't made it there yet. I'm always up for a good rumor mill, but this sounds out there. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Little birdy whispered in my ear that it is on the radar but not tomorrow. Thank god we have Jar Heads here that aren't bright enough not to fly them LOL

I just don't see tiltrotors fitting into any fractional model. It doesn't really increase utility because there aren't many helipads large enough to support a tiltrotor simply on terms of size. They wouldn't want to land them in any old open field, because of various local laws that would prohibit that - plus the logistical problems.

I think we can just file this one in the "just a rumor, never gonna happen" folder...IMHO.

I could see them "maybe" in a large metro area, BOS-NY-DC, but I agree, they most likely wont be a big hit with the fractional models.

Trust me when I say this: don't believe most of what you read in Pro Pilot. And if you think Clay Lacy actually writes the articles with his byline, I'd like to sell you some swamp land in Florida...

Latest resources

Back