NetJets and National Guard/ Reserve pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daneav8

Hello, I am currently flying in the Army NG and I have an application in at NetJets. It really sounds like NJA is a great place to work; however I haven't heard from any military pilots out there to see what they think. Is it difficult being a Guard/Reserve pilot while employed at NetJets? In other words, does NJA give you a hard time about going to annual training? Drill weekends? Deployment? Do they try to make you use vacation days for annual training?

Thanks

Hello, I am currently flying in the Army NG and I have an application in at NetJets. It really sounds like NJA is a great place to work; however I haven't heard from any military pilots out there to see what they think. Is it difficult being a Guard/Reserve pilot while employed at NetJets? In other words, does NJA give you a hard time about going to annual training? Drill weekends? Deployment? Do they try to make you use vacation days for annual training?

Thanks

I can't speak for the A side of the house but our management has bent over backwards for the Guard/Reserve guys we employ. Each one that I know has received "whatever you need" from our scheduling people for drill, training, and especially deployment. The rank and file non-military pilots in our group wholeheartedly support management's flexibility in this area.

More importantly, one of our group was recently awarded the Silver Star for his actions in combat over Iraq. As flight leader of several helicopters, his team successfully rescued the crew of another helicopter than had been downed in a hostile area. When he returns from his ANG deployment (hopefully soon), he will return to the line as if he never left in terms of longevity and pay scale with the company (Stay safe J.S. and hurry back:) ).

In my experience, from RTS on down, our management has been very proactive in supporting the Guard and Reserve.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

Thanks

NetJets has been great from what I have seen in their support of the ANG/Reserves. Don't worry at all about it.

The CBA says the pilot should try to bid his NetJets schedule so as not to conflict with his military schedule. (I've always wondered if this was even a "legal" portion of the contract.) I've tried to do this for the most part put it is impossible to deconflict completey when you are a military flyer. All you have to do is fax a signed letter from you CO to the MLOA fax number and you can count on the days off.

A couple of more points: 1.) It cost a lot of money for missing even one day on 1st year pay at NJA with MLOA, so I try to avoid it. 2.) If the contract changes during the possible amendment being discussed, it will be even more difficult for the junior pilot to deconflict with his military schedule because you will lose some (a little) bidding power.

I'm not in the military, but I do know that Mr. Santulli is EXTREMELY supportive of our Armed Forces.

Thanks for the quick replies. I am glad to hear the positive responses. I really like what I hear about NJA and I am hoping to work there someday in the near future. I was hoping the fact that I was in the Guard would not be a show stopper for me.

Heres the "dope".

I should save this as it comes up about once a year.

Netjets is fantastic in supporting the Guard/Reserves.

I have been gone 2 of the last 3 years, and am still on active duty training deploying aviators.

To a "T" every single person has been very supportive of anything my wife has contacted them on.

There is a huge plack at Brigeway that has a list of every deployed soldier from netjets. (I should be on it twice)

Usually the reserves allows you (aviators) to drill as necessary so it doesn't interfere with your job. (they would be stupid not to as bad off as we are with all the deployments)

And....Orders are orders, no questions ask.

So here are the rules that proves "Netjets Rules"!

Your health insurance continues when deployed.

Your seniority still "climbs" when you are deployed.

Your vacation still acumulates and you are paid your vacation (or you can take it when yu get back) while you are away.

You bid whatever aircraft you want and when you return you get to pick whatever you can hold according to your security.

(When you can hold Cpt on an aircraft, you are paid vacation while away as a CPT)

If your netjets pay is higher then your military pay, Netjets will pay you the difference.

Does that about cover it all?

Drive on! My days in the "box" are over and I can't wait to get back to Netjets.

Truly a "class act" when it comes to supporting the military.

You will find a buttload of Army aviators here as well as a bunch from the other services. Them combined with a great group of civilian "sticks" make the pilot group great!

I hope you will consider Netjets. I have no regrets.

There may be other people that have had negative experiences, I have not.....ever.

Take care

Latest resources

Back