• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets and ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N813CA - check with an accountant, but the cost of your ATP is likely tax deductible. Also, consider it an investment in your future. Having an ATP would make you a more attractive candidate in other Part 91 and 135 jobs, besides being a pre-requisite at NetJets.

How close are you to upgrade at your current job?

I was in your shoes as an FO at Eagle for 3 years. I toyed around with going and getting my ATP, but instead of logging another 10 hours in some worthless twin, I got a job at a 135 carrier that pays for your type rating and your ATP. (1 year pro-rated training contract)

Most reputable charter outfits:confused: will do this, and it is a good stepping stone to a netjets or other part 91 gig.

Oh yeah, I ended up with a 10-20k raise by doing this too. Now that I have an ATP & bizjet experience I am more marketable for the next job.

-CaKe

I just right now a few seconds ago looked at ALLATP's, it takes 2 days they charge $2495, of course different flight schools have different prices. Im sure they have financial loan arrangements.

With 6000hrs I would not be waiting for some other job to pay for your ATP just so you an get a job here at NJA. IF you truly whant a job at NJA then spend the cash to get the ATP. Look at the money you will spend as an investment, and I'm pretty sure you have spent many times that for the licenses that you have now, as we all have. Waiting a year at some other job that pays for your ATP so you don't have to, just so you can get a job NJA is nuts. Get the ATP and get your Resume in

1st yr FO pay is 56875, whats the difference from what your making now, 2nd yr 58886 2000 more 3rd yr 63738 4900 more then 2nd. So you will have lost whatever the difference is between your current pay and the 1st yr FO, plus the 2nd and 3rd yr pay raise that is now coming 1 yr later

Since I dont know where you are working and what you are makeing this will be just a guess, If you wait 1yr, it will have cost you approx $25,000 to $30,000 in base salary by the time you reach your 3rd yr anniversary at NJA. the few dollars you would have spent on that ATP isn't much now

You do your own math

But then again this job is not for everyone, I know that.

Last edited:
If you were an MEI before, no matter how long ago, it might just be cheaper to rent a twin, brush up and go to a friendly examiner whom you had a good relationship with in the past and whip it out for $1000 or so incl prep. (if you share the 4-6 hours or so of prep with a timebuilder who is getting ready for some checkride that would lower costs). Just a thought. Well, I guess I am undoubtedly still thinking 2000-2001 rental and fuel prices, and so that $1000 is probably $2000 now, but might still be a bit cheaper.

If you were an MEI before, no matter how long ago, it might just be cheaper to rent a twin, brush up and go to a friendly examiner whom you had a good relationship with in the past and whip it out for $1000 or so incl prep. (if you share the 4-6 hours or so of prep with a timebuilder who is getting ready for some checkride that would lower costs). Just a thought. Well, I guess I am undoubtedly still thinking 2000-2001 rental and fuel prices, and so that $1000 is probably $2000 now, but might still be a bit cheaper.

That is exactly what I did. The hardest part was learning how to program the GPS. Knock it out. You won't regret it! It's well worth spending the money on it. You'll be more marketable to other carriers as well if NJA doesn't work out.

• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate (Multi-Engine Land)
  • Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
  • 2500 hours total pilot time
  • 500 hours fixed wing multi-engine time
  • 250 hours instrument time (actual or simulated in flight - excludes simulator time)
How tight are they on that 2500 total time, if you are already typed in a bizjet and ATP, do they make "substitutions" per-say?

How tight are they on that 2500 total time, if you are already typed in a bizjet and ATP, do they make "substitutions" per-say?

The stated minimums are indeed the minimums. Like the old advertising slogan, they accept no substitutes. The share owners have it in their contracts that all pilots will have a minimum of 2500 hours and an ATP.

Last edited:
I agree...There are so many resumes on file with D.M. that NJA has no need to contemplate interviewing anybody with less than the mins. It sucks, but it is what it is...

Any idea how many apps are on file?

Latest resources

Back