NetJets Admin Methods

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yosemite

Got a call today from "friends" who told me I would be getting a call for an interview within the month. I consider this a guarantee.. which brings up a quandry for me.

I have a credit problem and when I applied last year, it was with the belief that I would never get put in the interview pool due to my poor credit rating. Well, I was wrong and am now looking at having to find a source for the recommended $5000 per mo. credit card the pilots are supposed to pay their bills with. So here's my questions:

1. Do they anticipate this sort of problem and have a system in place to help pilots get cards based on holding back pay or something?

2. How does NetJets pay the expenses back to the pilot: in a combined check with their salary or in a seperate check?

2a. And what is the delay period between submitting an expense voucher and getting repayment? Is the expense reimbursement paid back on a different schedule from the salary?

3. Anyone have any suggestions for a credit card company that works with guys like me, or with NetJet pilots specifically?

4. Finally, I have read a lot about the SOP's being a real bear for some to get familiar with? Are they different from most Part 135 or Part 121 SOPs? Are they different for each airplane or the same regardless of type? If they are non-type specific, does anyone have a copy they would be willing to share so I can get ahead of the curve?

I'm a bit new to this forum so if I'm out of line, forgive my rookie mistake and tell me to shaddup. Thanks for the help.

1-not sure
2-Expense checks come as a seperate check from you rnormal salary.
3-There is a time limit/cutoff date/time for the expense check to come. I dont remember the date/time, but if you get it in before that date you should receive it that week....if you dont make it, it will take a week and a half or so so.
4-SOP's are not to bad...just take a little getting used to . As far as i know they are the same for all a/c.....

hope this helps,

1900cpt

Expense checks can be delayed up to 6 weeks, usually 2 weeks, very rarely 1 week. This is a fact of life until the electronic expense system gets implemented. (IF it gets implemented)

Using a debit card is tough, because the hotels will put a hold on 100 or 200 bucks every night, and these last 7 days usually.

I have been getting by on a 4000 limit card so far, but it's looking like 6000 is what's needed for a good safety margin.

Good luck,

Toploader

The SOPs are very close to those I have used in 121 ops with a few exceptions. Call-outs during the approach and missed approach phase are numerous and a little hard for me to get used to. But once you have done it over and over in the sim, they come together and make sense. I did a lot of "chair" flying with the radio or TV turned up loud as a distraction.

I don't know if they are the same on every aircraft but I would guess they are.

I use the Hilton Honors American Express for expenses with a 7500 limit. I have never put more than 3000 on it in one month.

gump

Try your bank or a join a local credit union, then sign up for direct deposit of your paycheck (assuming NetJets has this capability.) Banks take that as a sign of faith. As an added measure throw any extra cash you have into a savings account with them and then sign up for overdraft protection. It will show them you are serious about banking with them and maintaining a clean record.

Just tell them your problem up front and they're probably work with you, especially when they know you have a salaried job.

As a side note, what was your application timeframe? When did you get notified to standby for an interview?

Good luck !

I have flown with a few people who have had credit problems. There are ways to work around it. Everyone has there own unique personal financial situation. Any credit card is a start, contact them and ask for an increase in the credit limit. Like an earlier post said try a local bank or credit union, maybe even the teamsters credit union. Check with 284 in CMH.

I flew with one pilot who carried travelers checks, approx $2000 for a tour. Not the greatest way to got but it works. You do get a $300 expense advance from the compnay when you complete training. As far as delays in recieving your expense check i have heard horror stories of 6 weeks etc. The longest I have waited is about 3. Many people bring the problems on themselves by not submitting the expense report immediately when they get home. The "window" for processing the reports closes at 0900E on wednesdays. Anything recieved by then will have a check cut and mailed on that friday. If you miss that window it will be cut and mailed the next friday. The delays are more pronounced on teh 17 day schedule vs. the 7/7 schedule. Once you are on the 7/7 schedule you get inot a more set rythem with the expense checks.

As far as SOP's, don't believe all the horror stories you may hear. They most likely came from someone who has not had any formal training, ie. 121 etc. Expect somehting close FAR 121 traiing with a corporate twist.

First, I appreciate the responses. The information helps... Some of the helpful hints are new, some are ideas I've thought of and will pursue, but all the help and sentiment is greatly appreciated.

To answer the question from SOFHercDude:
The banking info is noted and known and part of my "greater plan". You're right on target with what I was told. As for the time frame on my application, it is a little deceiving because I think I've been able to speed up the process due to having some friends in the front offices. However, I applied in Jan 02 and received my "your qualified, we'll call you" letter on Feb. 18, 02. I hadn't heard anything so my new friend asked some questions and pulled some strings. I was contacted by someone who explained, basically, the same thing everyone else is saying (i.e. that there are still about 1000 to be interviewed before they start taking apps again and they are only hiring in to the Ultra through the rest of the year. Note: don't know when they will get done with the 1000 interviews... no timeframe was given to me.). After providing him with my info and telling him I'd be GLAD to take a position in the Ultra, even though it was a lot smaller than what I'd been flying, he called back and said my app was in the system and I'd had to wait for the "system" to get to it. His estimate was 3-4 weeks. Later, a call from my friend came in and his news was that I would definitely get a call within the month. Did I move up my potential interview date? Mabye... By how much? I don't know but I'd guess not more than by 90 days or so.

A couple of things I did find out... First, if you got a letter saying they'd call you for an interview, then you will get an interview eventually as long as you keep it updated. Also, "the job is yours to lose in the interview". A direct quote from an airplane manager in the admin offices... He estimated they hired between 60 to 70% of those interviewed and they didn't invite you for an interview if they didn't plan on hiring you. We've all seen this before, but I think it is still important to point out because it is a distinctly different mindset toward interviewing than the airlines.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Latest resources

Back