Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dep676

My Glock is bigger!!!!!
How many 135 trips do you guys do at NetJets? Do you operate all you trips under 135? Are there just certain planes for the 135 stuff or does the whole fleet do 135 as well as the 91 stuff? Do you think doing 135 helps the business side of it?

135 Trips

135 Trips vary with each fleet. I'd say I would average 1 trip every 6 weeks in the Ultra. 135 is used for a variety of things, but certainly the biggest is the Marquis program. If your unfamiliar, Marquis owns I belive 8 full airplanes within the Netjets fleet and sells smaller blocks of time for none comital types. It is a segway to future sales and also lets Netjets refer some customers who can't pull the trigger to get into the fractional business for a fraction of the cost.

I think it makes sense,

superfly

I've done 3 in the past year. I guess I have gotten lucky or unlucky depending on how you look at it.

the bbj is going all 135 - period. should be completely transformed in a couple of months. couldn't sell them, so we'll charter them - phones ringing off the hook.

as for your original question, all planes and crews are 135 qualified. simply because you never know when or where something will pop-up.

generally, netjets doesn't do straight charter (where someone calls up and rents the plane). those trips are sent to the ejm division or sold off. like the above post said, we mainly do the marquis charter program. also, there are some instances where a new owner's money hasn't "cleared" yet and they run him as a charter customer, but on our fleet. also, some owners put a deposit down on a share, but there isn't a plane available to sell, so they're run as charter, too.

Some weeks I do a 135 then a 91 then a 135...

I've been here 4 years and I've done nothing but 135 on one tour..

Latest resources

Back