Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjet interview CE-500 sim, full glass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RideTheWind

I read the FSI Citation sim they use for the interview in CMH is glass on the left and steam on the right, I don't have any glass time, is it full glass or just ADI and HSI?

Thanks

RideTheWind said:
I read the FSI Citation sim they use for the interview in CMH is glass on the left and steam on the right, I don't have any glass time, is it full glass or just ADI and HSI?

Thanks

I'm almost absolutely certain the steam gauges are on the left side and the glass is on the right. The pilot flying, for sure, flies from the left seat. There is no flight director, so you'll have to have your scan in decent shape. From what I was told, that sim was actually developed back in the days of the S/II to help pilots transition to glass, hence the reason why it's glass on one side only.

If it helps, I had basically no glass time when I went to the interview, coming from a 1900D. The sim was pretty straight-forward and they weren't looking perfection and the landed wasn't graded. What they are really looking for is decent instrument skills (so you won't washout at FSI) and good CRM abilities. If you can fly an ILS, do some steep turns and figure out how to enter a hold, you should be in a good position to pass the sim eval.

If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

Yep, steam gauges on the left, glass on the right. When I interviewed, we were given the option of which we wanted to use. I hadn't seen steam gauges in several years - I was second in the sim ride, so I was able to see how the glass side functioned, and decided to use the steam gauges. The bug knobs are all designed to move the left side bugs. It'd be an extra hassle to use them for the glass because they're in front of the yoke in a position that's hard to get to. If still given the option, I'd use the steam gauges if I were you. Good luck.

I started in the Ultra and had initial in FSI at CMH. The other responses may be from before my time though-2000. There is only one CE560 sim, one 560XL, one CE750, and one Falcon 2000 sim there. The 560 has the primus 1000 cockpit just like the ones on the line. Glass on both sides from what my limited brain cell numbers remember. Still go to CMH FSI for the CE750 recurrent, and don't see any others. Am I missing something? Omly trouble I had with glass was the two dimensional aspect. They don't expect you to know the FMS at that point. Basic maneuvers and approaches. Unless things have changed. Any FNG's care to shed more light?

Pervis said:
I started in the Ultra and had initial in FSI at CMH. The other responses may be from before my time though-2000. There is only one CE560 sim, one 560XL, one CE750, and one Falcon 2000 sim there. The 560 has the primus 1000 cockpit just like the ones on the line. Glass on both sides from what my limited brain cell numbers remember. Still go to CMH FSI for the CE750 recurrent, and don't see any others. Am I missing something? Omly trouble I had with glass was the two dimensional aspect. They don't expect you to know the FMS at that point. Basic maneuvers and approaches. Unless things have changed. Any FNG's care to shed more light?

Dude, you got to look around more, in a little room on the main floor lives the aforementioned sim/ftd. Looks like a closet so I can see how you've missed it, maybe it's those manager receptions at the Embassy. lol

x402 said:
Dude, you got to look around more, in a little room on the main floor lives the aforementioned sim/ftd. Looks like a closet so I can see how you've missed it, maybe it's those manager receptions at the Embassy. lol

No doubt. About the receptions that is. The only 560 sim I saw was the one on the floor with the Excell and X. I did my interview in LGB when I lived in PHX in a C90 King Air. We were given a choice of locations and a/c for interviews, although we had to pay out of pocket for it. In any case, good luck to all who venture into the world of NJ. 99.9% are a great bunch of guys/gals, in spite of what opinion you may get from this venue.

Pervis - the sim being used for the interviews is an old S/II training device with no motion, limited visuals and only a little bit of sound. The story I was given is that it was almost literally pulled off the trash heap and set up exclusively for interviewee evaluations. And like x402 said, it's sort of hidden away. NetJets is the only entity using the S/II device, FSI doesn't use it for anything that I'm aware of.

As of 6 months ago...

There was the Citation sim, all by itself in a big room. It has glass on the right (similar to an ERJ) and steam on the left. All of us did it from the left. Tips: it is an older citation model, so when adding power, overshoot the setting and then bring it back (slow spool-up). Also, the tapes (N1) are a little tricky to use if you didn't fly with them before. I did so I was used to the bouncing they do, but if you are not, just try not to chase them around. And talk, talk, talk to your crewmate during the sim...it's not a competition for who gets the job at that point.

Latest resources

Back