Netjet info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8fo

Hi guys. Looking furlough in the eyes at the end of the year (121 commuter) and am investigating options....read a bunch of stuff here and am able to piece things together, but is there a single place to go for information on a day in the the life of a frac pilot? I have a lot of questions about lifestyle, time away, schedules, aircraft, etc....

Thanks!
JC

This is as good a place as any...

First, I would apply TODAY to any fractional you are interested in.
At Netjets, you're looking at over 1000, approved to be interviewed
resumes, ahead of you. Every day you delay moves you behind
on senority. Get in the "pile".

This is a good place to ask questions..their are many frax pilots
that read this board.

Good luck to you.

I was out of work for 5 months. Don't wait,,, apply to everyone who will accept your resume.
Good Luck
FD

Flexjet is going into hiring mode.

It's a good company, I've been here several years, and I like it.

Upgrades have slowed down the last 2 years, from less than a year to 2 years, but upgrades are starting again too.

Check it out.

Flexlrpilot357

I am with your competitor and I love my job as well but I hope things pick up for you guys. Its good for the industry and there are alot of guys over there I do not want to see on the streets.
Good Luck

Ok, first off....your schedules. Is it really seven on/seven off? Can you have any different schedule? I have always battled with four days away and I am trying to decide if having seven days off justifies working seven days away from home.

Also, flashing back to the good old corporate days (that I wish I had never left), how does your schedule work? Do you fly somewhere and drop off, eat, hit the lazy boy and the gym, pick up and go home?

With quality of life being most important to me (fortunate enough to have a breadwinner spouse and no kids yet), is there a particular aircraft that affords you more time at home or time off in general?

Are you on call or do you have a set schedule? For a schedule, how far in advace do you know it?

I have many more questions, but I will stop there to see what you guys have to offer.

Thanks for all of the info. It stinks to have to start all over each time you think you have gotten to where to want to be. I appreciate the help.

JC:confused:

Netjets

Ok chief here goes the skinny.
We have three schedules, the 7/7, the 17 day and the Flex. With the 7/7/ you are on 7 and off 7. This schedule is seniority based and depending on the fleet it is more or less difficult to get. The 17 day is the standard. I am on it and I like it. 17 on and 13 off. You can request specific off days off and the company is very accomadating. I wanted the middle of the month off so the company scheduled all my days at the beginiing and end. Since we are union and have a contract there are certain things they cant do though. For every 6 days you work you have to have atleast 3 days off. For less than 6 days out you have to have 2 days. This month for me is 3 off, 4 onn, 2 off, 4 on, 9 off, 4 on and the rest of the month I have to get up to look and I am lazy. I like the shorter times away from home and I can deal with shorter days off. I am bidding the 7/7 this quarter to try it. Ill let you know. The last schedule is the Flex. They should just call it the Corporate/ Part 91 schedule. Beeper 24/7 with only 4 hard days off a month. The 4 days I had off is still better than the no days I had with my last SH-T FOR BRAIN operation. Lastly you know your 17 day schedule on the 15th day of the month prior. NO SURPRISES.

Now when you are flying it will depend. Some days you will sit others not. This will depend alot on th a/c. Ultras will work more, Hawkers and Falcons a little less.
We stay in the bet hotels and the constantly feed us.
If you need anything else just PM me and Ill answer the rest.

dhc8fo said:
Ok, first off....your schedules. Is it really seven on/seven off? Can you have any different schedule? I have always battled with four days away and I am trying to decide if having seven days off justifies working seven days away from home.

7/7 is offered to 50% of the available crews (per fleet) at NetJets. The normal schedule is a 17 day month. (Generally 2 six day tours and 1 five day tour.) 7 days off in my opinion is DEFINITELY worth 7 days on the road. Specially at vacation time, 21 straight days off! (twice a year)

Also, flashing back to the good old corporate days (that I wish I had never left), how does your schedule work? Do you fly somewhere and drop off, eat, hit the lazy boy and the gym, pick up and go home?

Very rarely do we wait. The norm is 4-6 legs per day, with :45 min to 1 hour on the ground between legs.

With quality of life being most important to me (fortunate enough to have a breadwinner spouse and no kids yet), is there a particular aircraft that affords you more time at home or time off in general?

Hawkers and Citation VII are probably the slowest (if you can call it that). It’s really a moot point. When you’re on the road, you’re gone. It’s never out and back. You might RON at your home airport once a year.

Are you on call or do you have a set schedule? For a schedule, how far in advance do you know it?

Hard schedule, when you’re off, you’re off. No-one will call on your day off. Schedules are forecast 2 months in advance, and are operational 1 month in advance. Keep in mind these are "work" days, you NEVER know where you’re going until the day before a trip.

I appreciate the help. JC:confused:

Glad to help.

In the Ultra, I averaged 4 to 6 legs per day. In the VII, I average 2 to 3
legs. Aircraft selection (bid) makes a huge difference on how hard you work,
and your road quality of life at Netjets.

The larger aircraft also have more "bullpen" (time sittiing at home) tours.

Once again, (with No. 1 being the lightest work schedule aircraft) , the
"quality of life list" reads like this:

1. BBJ 2. Falcon 2000 3. Citation VII 4. Hawker 800 5. Hawker 1000

6. Excel 7. Citation X 8. Citation Ultra / Encore

There is a VERY good reason the company is having to hire street Captains
in the Ultra. The word is out, and pilots flee that machine as quickly as
possible.

Latest resources

Back