• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're a guard / reserve member, the company will work with
you and write your work schedule around your training / deployment
events. No problem at all.

Alright....you guys keep giving me this good info so I will keep with the questions....

Are you "assigned" to (trained in) a particular aircraft or can you move around a little?

At minimum requirements, does that make you an FO or are there some aircraft that you could be hired into as a Capt?

Is there any requirement that you have to upgrade?

What does the pay look like (don't belong to air inc anymore, sorry)?

For you frac guys who have done the 121 thing, can you compare the apples and oranges for me?

Ay regrets from some of you?

Thanks again!

Aircraft depends on need and experience. When I was hired they were alot of open slots in everything except the BBJ.
Upgrading to Captain depends on seniority.
Being hired into the company as a company is rare but is currently happening in the Ultra ONLY.
There are guys who bid upgrade in indoc and get it. If your comfortable go for it.
The pay I wont discuss because it is low. We are under paid and everyone knows it. We are also union so it WILL go up considerably.
Come to NetJets for the company, airplanes, schedules, people and you will make the money. Its coming. Hopefully we will have a new contract in a few months. If your coming from 121 then you know how long it can take but we are hoping for the best.
This is an awesome place to work.

Heck, I'll tell you.....

I made 32K my first year as an F/O. I'll make about 75K this year
as a 5 year Captain working some overtime.

And yes, I love it here as well. I flew commuters before Netjets,
this is 100% better in EVERY respect.

Last edited:
"For you frac guys who have done the 121 thing, can you compare the apples and oranges for me"

dhc8fo,

I hope I can help... I did 5 years at 121 regional airline and almost 3 years at a major airline. Allow me to compare.

121: airplane cleaned automatically by utility
frac: you do it

121: lavs dumped automatically by utility
frac: flush it...if it stinks, request FBO dump it

121: airplane broke...write it up, leave logbook on seat and go to lunch
frac: airplane broke...several phone calls and faxes, ferry to service center or contract mx on site, then maybe test fly airplane

121: passengers...shut cockpit door
frac: brief pax, get pax drinks before leaving, etc...

121: bags loaded by rampers
frac: you do it

121: catering...flight attendants and catering trucks do it
frac: you make sure it's at FBO, check that it's what customer ordered, put it on airplane, ice down drinks/wine/beer, get newspapers and anything else customer specifically asks for

121: fuel...done magically between dispach and fuelers
frac: order fuel, monitor process, and go inside to sign for fuel

121: show up, sit down, and call for pushback
frac: HA HA!

121: same dozen airports every month
frac: over 3,000 GA and major airports for owners to choose from

121: think you have it made, make $100,000+ /year...get furloughed
NJA: job stability, new airplanes every week, stay at finest hotels, treated well by mgt., meet famous people, work with people who actually enjoy their job and don't constantly bitch, accrue seniority quickly and earn Captain seat just as fast, job stability...

I could go on, but you get my drift. You will work harder for your money, but you won't be one of those many guys I've flown with who are on their 5th airline, been furloughed 2 or 3 times, and are sweating every time the economy takes a dump. Do I miss the airline life and flying big jets? Yes. Do I regret maiing the move to NJA? Not on your life. Come on over...

I have to agree with JP11 100%.

At the ripe-old age of 20-somthing I've been furloughed twice and don't really have any desire to head to the "Big Boys" anytime soon if ever [have to see what the contract holds :)] Unlike a lot of people I don't measure the value of my existence or career upon the max gross weight of the aircraft I fly.

JBL, yes you are right about most of the stuff you wrote and there are days that I wish I could walk on the airplane, turn left, close the door and forget about it!! However, like everything - you have to take the good with the bad and I don't consider a lot of the things we do in the fracs a "negative". I enjoy meeting new and interesting people every day, fly to amazing place (had a Nantucket overnight the other day!) and have a much greater job satisfaction than when I was a "Black Box" pilots for the airlines.

This job/career certainly isn't for everyone but I enjoy it......

JP11 - aren't you glad you left "Beagle" behind? Talked to an old MIA friend today...............geessssssss............have fun on IOE!!!

Hey DHC8FO

Hey dash 8 guy,
I was at a commuter for 3 1/2 years and got a short taste of life at the majors. Let me tell you brother, Netjets is the place to be. Granted the pay isn't that good but it's better then I made as a turboprop captain at the commuters. Granted I have to get coffee and Ice but big deal it's really an easy job. Alot more fun to then calling United ramp for pushback every other turn, and having to deal with flight attendants with hot flashes. They feed us great, the people you work with are a riot, and listen up.....No Commuting! Your based at home you "deadhead" on their dime with the duty clock ticking. Run to the fracs while you can, workwise this job has the best lifestyle. Let me break it down for you.

Commuters: too much **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fun but no pay, good thing for young cute flight attendants.

Majors: great pay, not much fun (Yes, capt. I'm sorry to hear your on your 10th wife, and you make 300K)

Fractionals: You fly where it's warm in the winter and cool in the summer, hotels are unreal, food is great. "Man it's day 7 already?"

Hope this helps, I've been in your shoes, make the right decision for you.

Fractionals:

I have 8 years and 2 furloughs under my belt with the regionals. I love Netjets!!!! I am here to stay. There is no comparison. Once we get our pay up to a respectful figure, this place will be perfect.

I wish you luck with whatever you decide.

gump

The more I learn about Net Jets the more I like what I read. So here a couple more questions:

I noticed on their web-site that the Gulfstream is an option for customers, and that you can apply directly to them, but on the pilot website there is no mention of it. I never read posts from NJ pilots about it either. Then again that applies to the BBJ as well. What's the story?

(I just figured it out, brokerage?)

Does NJ fly international?

Thanks

I can't believe I haven't heard form them yet. I applied last week. ;)

The Gulfstreams are with another division of NetJets, NetJets International. It used to be called EJI. They are different from NetJets in that they are non-union, the company is based in Bluffton, SC, and the pay scales are totally different. It'll probably be sometime before Int'l. hires because of the soft market right now. As for International? well the name says it all and then some.

Latest resources

Back