Netflix

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Resume Writer

If you have not tried this service, it is great. It is an internet movie rental place. You go on there and create a list of the movies you want to see. Then they send the first three you have chosen to you in the mail. The arrive within about 2 days. In their unique packaging, they include a postage paid mailing sleeve to send the movie back to them. After you send one (or all) of the three movies back, they send your next selection (s). They send you email confirmation when they have received or sent movies to you.

They have a free trial period of about two weeks. They do take your credit card up front so if you choose not to return their movies, you get charged for them. After the free trial, it is $20 a month. There are no late fees. What a great concept.

Here is their website www.netflix.com Here is a code for a free trial: friends56

Try it! I think it would be great for someone who lives far from a movie store.

Kathy

Seconded. I have the 5-at-a-time subscription and I figure that I save about $20-$30 a month over Blockbuster.

SK:cool:

When I started Netflix, I got rid of all my extra cable services and am back to the absolute minimum so that I can watch local stations clearly.

Unlike when I had 80+ channels, now I can =always= find something to watch!

Not as good as you guys think. Go read some reviews on this business. Theuy are very good at turn around time during your first month or so then once they know they have you as a customer, the movies do not come as quickly.

Turn around depends on where you live. I have been with them for a couple of years now. When I first started they only had one location in California, and I live in Florida. Now they have more centers and I have a turnaround of just three days.

Also if you ask for a very popular movie, you might have to wait. That information is available to you on the website.

I haven't been to Blockbuster since I joined.

I have been with them for over 2 years, and they have been great. The turn around time has been very fast for the entire time I have used the service. I seem to be watching a lot more movies than I used to, simply because it is soo covenient. :)

I belonged to this enterprise a few years back. I enjoyed getting the DVD’s, and used it quite frequently. Then, Netflix started changing the rules, every so often.

Then, they started to raise the monthly fees along with the changing rules. I wrote them a letter that I thought what they were doing was a classic "bait and switch" routine, and that if they would not go back to what I initially signed up for, I would be forced to discontinue being a subscriber.

I got some sort of form letter response whith all the blah, blah, blah, about why they raised their rates, but it was not satisfactory to me, so......I quit. Never looked back. Now I wait for films I want to see to come out on pay per view, or on free network or cable stations I have, and it's just fine. If one really wants to watch a lot of movies on DVD, or rent some of the old classics and black and white films, then it's probably a good deal. I just found that I did not have a need to watch that many films, and was being "forced" by way of their monthly fee, to view more movies than I would normaly watch. I seem to be a news junkie, and re-runs of "Law & Order" on cable. I also like "The Shield" on FX..... I like the character played by Michael Chiklis(sp)

Last edited:
The problem with these types of services is that you have to rent a lot of movies per month to get your money's worth. For $20, if you rent 5 movies you just about break even with a local place. If you rent more than 5 movies then that's great, you're saving money.

There's always the month or two when you're really busy and just don't have time to watch a couple movies ever week. That's fine, you can keep the movies however long you want. However, you're effectively paying $20 to rent a couple movies.

If you're the type that will watch a movie per night if you have them available, it's great for a few months until you never seem to get the movies on your wait list that are in high demand. They send those first to the new customers to get them all excited, then once the new customer becomes a regular like you are, then they get a lower priority for the more popular movies.

It's great if you want to have something to watch at all times. Especially if you only watch a few movies a week you should always have a movie or two lying around.

I just found that it took too much work to continuously watch movies. I did it for about 3 months, saw about all the movies I had a desire to at the time, then canceled. I figure from now on, I'll rent just a few at the local stores if the mood should strike me.

What would be great is if Blockbuster or similar would come out with a $20/month plan, but with a twist. You can have 3 movies out at a time, but you can rent movies at your local store too. That way if you want to see the new release tonight, you can run out to the store, but if you want a better selection, you can go online and set up a waitlist a la Netflix. It would seriously be the best of both worlds... I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

The problem with these types of services is that you have to rent a lot of movies per month to get your money's worth. For $20, if you rent 5 movies you just about break even with a local place. If you rent more than 5 movies then that's great, you're saving money.

or if you make a personal copy of one movie, you get your moneys worth.

Anybody use DVD X-Copy to make back up's of personal DVD's? ;)

One of my friends works at BlockBuster. They run something where you can have 2 DVDs out at a time for ~$26 a month. Only issue is that you can only return the movie after having it out for an hour (not an issue unless the movie is horrible and you live close to the BlockBuster).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back