• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Net Jet Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I ship off to X training on May 4th. I have to say that at the interview they made it sound like NJ and FSI were well integrated and that FSI did a good job of teaching NJ SOPs. I am disappointed to hear that this is not entirely true. My company has been training at Simuflite for several years. Great facility, great instructors. One of my sim instructors was actually a NJ Hawker CA doing side work. I have been to FSI too and I much prefer Simuflite's facilities, sims, and instructors. Uncle Warren bought the wrong company!!

I ship off to X training on May 4th. I have to say that at the interview they made it sound like NJ and FSI were well integrated and that FSI did a good job of teaching NJ SOPs. I am disappointed to hear that this is not entirely true. My company has been training at Simuflite for several years. Great facility, great instructors. One of my sim instructors was actually a NJ Hawker CA doing side work. I have been to FSI too and I much prefer Simuflite's facilities, sims, and instructors. Uncle Warren bought the wrong company!!

Maybe on day one of Indoc you can tell NJA to pass the message along to Warren. They would love that!

I just left FSI training and there were some issues that are being addressed BUT the sim work was done per NJA SOP. I would expect that if a NJA pilot feels they are NOT being trained per SOP, then it is up to them to step up and say something.

By the way...all the folks at FSI that I dealt with were wonderful and any issues that did pop up, were addressed quickly.

With the future changes coming at the uber campus in CMH, I think it WILL be am even more impressive operation.

Last edited:
I agree 100%.

The people at FSI will give you a FAST reaction to any suggestion or complaint you might have. They take them seriously. If you like to have a certain doughnut for breakfast and you don't see it, it will be there the next morning.

I do not see turnover @ CMH FSI in the X or the Falcon. I see mostly the same IPs I have seen for years.

Perhaps these issues are @ centers away from CMH.

Also NJ does things differently than the rest of the flying world. One example is the airwork -- stalls and turns. And we have changed it abut 4 times since I been here.

And we have a boatload of other training that no one else does in the sim.

My last instructor at FSI was a former Republic E170 f/o. He had 0 time in type. The other more experienced instructor had 5 hours in type.

Plus you'll be dealing with some fragile egos from the red tie crowd.

The training just is not as good as the airline programs I've attended in the past.

I can tell you that the FSI instructors at CMH who teach the X are great! And most of them have been there a long time. A few new names, yes, but generally pretty consistent.

The training I receive is very good. The problem isn't FSI. It's NJA. It seems every few months NJA throws some change in SOP's, or procedures, or checklists, or training curriculum at FSI and the transition is always a bit turbulent. Admittedly, some of the changes have been mandated by the feds, and we have no choice except to comply. But sheesh! How many different ways to do steep turns are we going to be required to learn? Why do them at all? If you've gotten this far and can't manage a proper steep turn, how the heck did you get past the interview process?!

I agree that once our new campus is built, and we have a bit more control over FSI there, things should run smoother. But it's really not so bad now.

The problem I find is that FSI can't keep their instructors long. EVERY time I go there is a new guy I have to work with.

At least FSI gives you the same instructor for a given training event. CAE SimuFlite in the big D gave me a new instructor every day in the sim.

[/threadjack]

I have yet to hear of a single complaint from a NJA guy/gal I've personally met. FI doesn't count.

The only Instructors I ever saw leaving CMH FSI were the ones NJA pilots had issues with and they were asked to leave. (fired)

Morals are pretty low (pilots, you know). Morale, on the other hand, is very high. ;) The moral of the story is, dictionaries are your friend.

Like minds think alike, Grumpy...:p Spell-checker is a big help but doesn't note misused words. Proofread before submitting is my motto.

I agree that morale is high, and would like to add that 1108's reputation regarding morals is much higher than IBT's. If you don't like having a stigma attached to your name....give 'em the boot NJASAP style. Answer the call for independence by sending in your card.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back